Old August 7th 15, 06:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Amazon vs. Walmart

One chart comparison: http://www.businessinsider.com/amazo...e-chart-2015-7

Things that stand out:
Amazon 20% growth in 2014 versus Walmart's 1.9%
Amazon 250 million products versus Walmart's 4.2 million
Amazon adds 75,000 new items every day
Amazon 244 million active users versus Walmart's 100 million customers per week

And NO rip off sales tax for me when buying from Amazon!
Old August 7th 15, 02:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

One chart comparison:
http://www.businessinsider.com/amazo...e-chart-2015-7

Things that stand out:
Amazon 20% growth in 2014 versus Walmart's 1.9%
Amazon 250 million products versus Walmart's 4.2 million
Amazon adds 75,000 new items every day
Amazon 244 million active users versus Walmart's 100
million customers per week

And NO rip off sales tax for me when buying from Amazon!

I pay sales tax at amazon now, but not if I go through
one of their Marketplace sellers, so there is still a
dodge if I can find the item I want that way.

But the biggest difference between amazon and WalMart
(which I do NOT shop at...ever!) is that there is a
wider range of of *quality* items rather than the
one-junk-fits-all mentality of WalMart's line of merchandise.

If I want a high-end stereo, for example, I'd be able to
find those components at amazon while WalMart only offers
the lower end of the spectrum and often "specially made
for WalMart" items that are even of poorer quality (and
cheaper to make) than the normal low-end stuff from that
manufacturer.

Nyssa, who knows that she wouldn't find Bose or Louis
Vuiton items at WalMart

Old August 8th 15, 06:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 8:29:34 AM UTC-5, Nyssa wrote:

I pay sales tax at amazon now, but not if I go through
one of their Marketplace sellers, so there is still a
dodge if I can find the item I want that way.

But the biggest difference between amazon and WalMart
(which I do NOT shop at...ever!) is that there is a
wider range of of *quality* items rather than the
one-junk-fits-all mentality of WalMart's line of merchandise.

If I want a high-end stereo, for example, I'd be able to
find those components at amazon while WalMart only offers
the lower end of the spectrum and often "specially made
for WalMart" items that are even of poorer quality (and
cheaper to make) than the normal low-end stuff from that
manufacturer.

Nyssa, who knows that she wouldn't find Bose or Louis
Vuiton items at WalMart

Good points all Nyssa. Another advantage of Amazon are the customer reviews. Learning from other consumer experiences with a particular item before making a purchase is great. Has saved me a lot of headaches by dissuading me from making purchases and nudged me to go ahead with purchases in others. A very useful feature.

If you ever go into a Walmart note how many checkout lanes are closed (usually about 8 out of 10) and then stand in line at one of the open lanes for at least 10 minutes to pay. Or you can avoid this and do the self checkout routine. Evidently the Walmart family can't afford to pay for employees.

"The six Waltons on Forbes' list of wealthiest Americans have a net worth of $144.7 billion. This fiscal year three Waltons--Rob, Jim, and Alice (and the various entities that they control)--will receive an estimated $3.1 billion in Walmart dividends from their majority stake in the company". Story at:http://walmart1percent.org/family/

Old August 8th 15, 10:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 9:29:34 AM UTC-4, Nyssa wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Amazon is actually selling high end stereos ?
Old August 8th 15, 03:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

How many of y'all drive to the food stores, instead of ordering your food from Amazon?

Old August 8th 15, 03:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Bose is anything but high end.

--
BDK: Head Government Shill, and future Psychotronic World Dominator.
Master of Remote Viewing. Level 5 expert in kOOkStudies.
Old August 8th 15, 04:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 10:47:47 AM UTC-4, BDK wrote:
In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

This would be my next question - how did Bose become "high end'?
Old August 8th 15, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bose radios use cardboard tubes that snake around inside to create that ''high end''sound. You can look at them online. My radios (albeit not ''high end'') don't use no steenkin cardboard tubes. www.pricewheeler.com has, or used to have some links to Hign End stereo stuff. There are probaly a bunch of online sites about High End equipment. Did you know the drive shafts on cars and trucks have cardboard in them?
Old August 8th 15, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 9:27:28 AM UTC-5, DhiaDuit wrote:

How many of y'all drive to the food stores, instead of ordering your food from Amazon?

I peddle my bike over to the grocery store at least 3 times per week to buy fresh bread and produce when the local farmer markets are not active. Much rather spend my money with the local farmers the chain grocers.
Old August 8th 15, 11:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 9:47:47 AM UTC-5, BDK wrote:

Bose is anything but high end.

All I know about Bose is I can't afford the high prices their products fetch.

WalMart sells HD Bob Miller Shortwave 36 March 7th 07 07:46 PM
Walmart promoting mini-flourescent bulbs in the name of environmentalism Tester Shortwave 33 January 8th 07 10:53 PM
Walmart Cobra Microtalk FRS Scott Scanner 18 November 10th 05 02:03 AM
Review of Walmart Emergency Power Generator Fred McKenzie Equipment 9 July 25th 05 08:18 PM
Walmart is Hell dietcolas Shortwave 2 December 14th 03 10:43 PM