Old December 31st 15, 08:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Big Ben chime?

In the BBC schedule, I don't see a single broadcast that runs through 0000
UTC. Guess I will have to try one that starts at 0000 UTC.

Jim(MI)
Old December 31st 15, 08:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I usually listen to Radio 4 just before 0000 UTC to hear it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4

73 & HNY

Old January 1st 16, 12:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RF Collins wrote:
In the BBC schedule, I don't see a single broadcast that runs through
0000 UTC. Guess I will have to try one that starts at 0000 UTC.

Jim(MI)

This morning I was talking on the phone to a buddy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. There was inteference from a shortwave radio operator coming through his phone. I heard it and my buddy heard it too. He has contacted the Fire Department and the cops about that shortwave radio coming through his phone, but they won't do anything about it. What can he do?
Old January 1st 16, 01:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

DhiaDuit wrote in
:

RF Collins wrote:
In the BBC schedule, I don't see a single broadcast that runs
through 0000 UTC. Guess I will have to try one that starts at 0000
UTC.

Jim(MI)

This morning I was talking on the phone to a buddy in Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania. There was inteference from a shortwave radio operator
coming through his phone. I heard it and my buddy heard it too. He has
contacted the Fire Department and the cops about that shortwave radio
coming through his phone, but they won't do anything about it. What
can he do?

Could use a cell phone. If it's a CB operator using a lot of power you
can call the FCC.

Old January 1st 16, 05:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Friday, January 1, 2016 at 7:20:46 AM UTC-6, RF Collins wrote:
DhiaDuit wrote in
:

Dust also marks time. www.museumofeverydaylife.org Dust is always coming down on Earth from outer Space. Dust that is billions of years old.
Old January 1st 16, 05:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RF Collins wrote:
In the BBC schedule, I don't see a single broadcast that runs through
0000 UTC. Guess I will have to try one that starts at 0000 UTC.

Jim(MI)

This morning I was talking on the phone to a buddy in Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania. There was inteference from a shortwave radio operator
coming through his phone. I heard it and my buddy heard it too. He has
contacted the Fire Department and the cops about that shortwave radio
coming through his phone, but they won't do anything about it. What can
he do?

Fire Department?, Cops? Sheesh.

1) I assume it's a land line, so he needs to contact The Phone Company
and see if they can provide an interference filter.

2) Get a decent quality phone. Ever read the "Part 15" notice on
equipment about "accepting any interference from licensed services".
If he's bought cheap crap prone to such problems, it's HIS problem.
The manufacturers used to provide filters to people who complained
because it was cheaper than building it right in the first place.
He could try there, but I'd say fat chance, these days.

3) If it's a legal ham, A civil conversation with (what it probably) his
neighbor is the first step. Listen for call letters, (if it's audible and
not SSB garble). You can look up the name and address on the Internet,
(buzzword: Callbook).

4) If it is audible, it's most likely AM, so it's probably a pirate CBer
running a linear. Talking to him might help, might not. In that case,
the FCC could be interested. (Unless the Republicans have castrated
their budget so much that they can't do anything anymore).

Mark Zenier

Old January 2nd 16, 07:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Saturday, January 2, 2016 at 11:18:14 AM UTC-6, Mark Zenier wrote:

RF Collins wrote:
[...]

Oooofo. Google,,, UFO entering interdimensional portal over Geneva, Switzerland December 2015 Youtube ...Looks like that booger I flipped out of my nose and it hit the ground and sprouted wings and jumped up and flew away.