Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 18th 16, 05:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default superradio and icf6500; digital tuners too

On recommendation of many sources I purchased a used GE superradio II last year. It is obviously defective since it cannot perform as well as my old Sony ICF6500.

I have two questions.

1. Is a working srii that much better than this sony?

2. Is there a technician/company of known repute that repairs these srii and what would it cost?

and then...

I see new radios pretty much all have digital tuners. When tuning these, do they all quiet as you tune? I had a digital tuning radio - now at the bottom of a lake - which did so. I found it very hard to scan for new stations as I had to stop at each new freq. to allow the thing to produce audio. Do all digital radios act this way?

Thank you