Old March 18th 16, 03:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default HEY LOOK NIXON is On the Rebound!

In article , "fred k engles" writes:
WTF! counselor, just wanted to show that Nxion is on the rebound as shown on
this magazine cover:

http://images.craigslist.org/00i0i_i...Vm_600x450.jpg

Who cares about magazine covers?

I think it is interesting that someone wants to rehabilitate
Nixon. But I want to know what people are saying within this
group and am not going to take time to go off on a tangent to
look up some magazine photo. Especially not at the moment when
I am posting using a character cell news client.

Don't give any **** about that so-called Godwin's law: the probability of a
comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1.

Godwin, as I understand it, merely suggested that a thread might
as well be abandoned as beyond all hope once it had crossed that
particular line.

Just one man's opinion. But it has held up very well over the
years.

Hitler at some point became a caricature of himself. Nobody
knows the real man, just the demonized villain we have put
in his place. No denying he was a dangerous man whose actions
destroyed or severely disrupted innumerable lives. It's just
that you don't know what he really was; you just know the
caricature.

You may as well compare someone to villains from Rocky and
Bulwinkle or the Perils of Pauline.

I like the characterization of him in Hermann Wouk's _The
Winds of War_. Wouk's protagonist has an opportunity as
military attache at the US Embassy in Berlin to meet the
German leader - at a gathering at Goehring's home, I believe -
and reports his findings back to FDR. The assessment is far
different from the popular characterization.

Wouk, of course, as an American Jew, was no fan of Hitler.
His character was making a point that Hitler was a leader,
but a thoughtful, and therefore very dangerous one, and
that one should be very careful not to underestimate him.

Look, I could complain about the use of cliches and
you could make the same remark. But it might still be
true that the cliche' had become so overused and so
universally applied that it no longer meant much of
anything at all.

George

"G Cornelius" wrote in message
On 03/15/2016 06:09 AM, Drifter wrote:

Larry, you love those kooks, like Quayle and Trump.
Yes, he is a Hitler. And maybe the second-coming of
Nixon. But, whatever, whoever he is, he is bad for
the country. I thought you were smarter than that?
You think he cares about you?
Put your right hand up and swear...

So, go ahead and vote for a guy who will take your:

Medicare.
Medicaid.
S.S.
Health insurance.
And anything else he can take from you and give to
his rich friends.

Thanks Adolf...

OK, the thread has now officially entered Godwin
territory. Twice in one post!

There's no Godwin for Nixon references, though.

Nixon's more of a tragic character. He wanted to be
a really bad guy, perhaps, but didn't manage to pull
it off.

Drifter...

Old March 18th 16, 03:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 10:13:02 PM UTC-5, George Cornelius wrote:
[...]

They want to clone T-Rex.
www.unz.com The Donald Trump Phenomenon: Part 1: The American Nations
Old March 23rd 16, 03:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You're seriously ignorant. Like a Jihadi's child.
Old March 23rd 16, 01:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You're seriously into Neologism. Like a cable TV's child.

Old March 23rd 16, 01:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Chas.Chan" wrote in message
You're seriously ignorant. Like a Jihadi's child.

globalnews.ca CCTV footage from 2011