Old March 10th 17, 04:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Bunk.

On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 10:09:01 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 11:02:59 AM UTC-6, DhiaDuit wrote:
Have to watch Hazel on Antenna TV now.

Shirley Booth was great! I have the complete season one & two on dvd. Went through season one watching one episode a night a couple of years ago. What a great show. Haven't got to season two yet. Think I will break that open one of these days.

Mrs. Baxter (Whitney Blake) was one BEAUTIFUL woman! You can keep the barbie doll plastic bimbos that are considered hot in today's world. Give me the good lookers from the 40's,50's and 60's any day and twice on Sunday.

Don DeFore was cool to. The youngster who played Harold name was Bobby Buntrock. He died in an automobile accident in 1974 at Keystone, South Dakota at the age of 21. According to the World Heritage Encyclopedia, a bridge had been severely damaged two years previously in the South Dakota Flood of 1972. There was a large hole in the middle of the bridge with at least 3.1 to 4.6 metres (10 to 15 feet) of water in the hole from the creek. Unfortunately, there were no warning signs or barricades to call attention to the danger. Bobby was en route to visit a friend when his car slid of the side of the road and flipped over into the water.

The accident was reported and divers arrived at the scene. They eventually reached the car and discovered Bobby's body. The young man had tried to escape, but he had been unable to pry the door open far enough due to the mud and the sheer force of the water.

I read somewhere that it was the same bridge his mother was killed in an auto accident years earlier. I can't confirm that anywhere though, sounds too strange to be true.

Whitney Blake was a Director, Actress, Writer and Producer. And a sharp looking tomato too. imdb.com
Old March 10th 17, 05:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 10:41:04 AM UTC-6, DhiaDuit wrote:
[...]

Don DeFore was a cool cat too. His restaurant (Silver Banjo) was the only privately run/owned restaurant that was allowed at Disney World/Anaheim. imdb.com
Old March 10th 17, 06:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 11:42:19 AM UTC-6, DhiaDuit wrote:
[...]

tvbanter.net Bobby Buntrock: The Tragic Death of Hazel's Harold ...The car he was in slid off the bridge/road and flipped over. He couldn't get out in time because the car doors were stuck in the mud.
Old March 10th 17, 06:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

DhiaDuit wrote:

tvbanter.net Bobby Buntrock: The Tragic Death of Hazel's Harold ...The car he was in slid off the bridge/road and flipped over. He couldn't get out in time because the car doors were stuck in the mud.

I recall a TV news report (maybe 60 Minutes) which said that there's a
continual problem with people skidding off seawalls or something like
that in The Netherlands. They reduced the death rate considerably by
teaching people that the can open the door or roll down the window AFTER
the interior of the car fills with water and equalizes the pressure.
The trick is to wait, don't panic and keep your face in the air
bubble at the high point.

Dunno if I could manage it. I mean, falling in the water would be a
TOTAL UNPLANNED SURPRISE, and DAMMIT THE DAMN DOOR WON'T OPEN, I WANT
OUT NOW and THE DAMN ****IN' WINDOW IS STUUUUUCCCK!!!!! ARRRRGH!!!!!!

I'd probably die of a panic attack before I drowned.
Old March 10th 17, 08:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 12:27:54 PM UTC-6, analogdial wrote:
DhiaDuit wrote:

[...]

Always keep a ball peen hammer in your car. Update: FBI extensively used 'Best Buy' geek squad for secret surveillance ...Humph!, I don't beleive Best Buy geek squad people know so much. Mostly it is like they are OJT (On Job Training/Learning) when they work on people's computers. Commercial computer stuff already on the market that anybody can buy is better than that old junk that govt uses.

that Update: article is at www.drudgereport.com
Old March 11th 17, 04:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The Black Hills Flood of 1972 caused 238 deaths and 3,057 injuries. Several bodies were never found. Over 1,335 homes and 5,000 automobiles were destroyed. The value of the damaged property was over US $160 million in 1972 dollars.
15" inches of rain in 6 hours.

Cloud seeding experiments by the federal government were being conducted just west of Rapid City two days before the torrential downpour. The Feds acknowledged they were cloud seeding just prior to the event but denied it had anything to do with it.

Move on nothing to see here they said. Evil *******s then and now.

Rapid City flood video at https://vimeo.com/28328166

Old March 11th 17, 01:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 10:58:29 PM UTC-6, wrote:
The Black Hills Flood of 1972 caused 238 deaths and 3,057 injuries. Several bodies were never found. Over 1,335 homes and 5,000 automobiles were destroyed. The value of the damaged property was over US $160 million in 1972 dollars.
15" inches of rain in 6 hours.

Cloud seeding experiments by the federal government were being conducted just west of Rapid City two days before the torrential downpour. The Feds acknowledged they were cloud seeding just prior to the event but denied it had anything to do with it.

Move on nothing to see here they said. Evil *******s then and now.

Rapid City flood video at https://vimeo.com/28328166

Jackson Easter Flood of 1979 ...I remember watching TV news about that Rapid City flood, years ago.