Old August 24th 17, 02:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Grundig repair Q

On 2003-01-06 said:
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Paul,
There may well be some independant shop that would tackle your
friend's 650, but there is only one Grundig repair depot in N.
America at this time. Here is their information:
Act Electronics
2345 E. Anaheim St.
Long Beach CA 90802
1 800 824 7094
www.actelectronics.com
This came directly from Adrian Elie at Lextronix parts.
Hope this helps you.
Snip----

Actually, Adrian Ilie is the owner of Act Electronics. He is not at
Lextronics.

And, no, he is not the only reccommended person in the U.S. where you can
get a Grundig radio repaired.

YOu can try: Ross Hochstrasser
Bavarian Radio Works
162 Beulah Street
Whitman, MA 02382
Phone: 1-617-447-4299

He repairs any of the old German-made radios, including Grundig, Saba,
Telefunken, Nordmende, Siemens, Imperial, BlauPunkt, just to name a few. He
also does work on old American vacuum-tube units, like Zenith TransOceanics,
Halicrafters, Collins, Hammarlund, etc. He also may have units to sell or
trade. He does excellent work, although you might want to be prepared to
wait quite a long time between the time you send your unit to him and the
time you get it back.

About a year or two ago, I saw a post from Ross Hochstrasser to this group,
so he does apparently have email, although I don't have that email address
readily at hand.

Reply to:
Brent Reynolds, Atlanta, GA USA

Eton advertises they will repair their products. Anyone have experience with their service?
Old August 24th 17, 08:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Everything I've read so far on Eton has been B-A-D! Just looking to find a really top quality desktop SW radio receiver! Cost/money NOT really an issue! Any ideas?

Thanks
David