Old November 23rd 17, 08:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Posting about scooters..

"Indian Army Captures Odd Record"

Stunts like this was big , up to the late 50ies. Mostly police units.
Then, for some reason, it mostly went away...

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/artic...es-odd-record/

My first scoot was a 1948 HD, with tank-shift, and throttle on the left.
Left hand throttle meant ex-cop-cycle. And, it weighted in at 1,100 lbs.
That was a big-boys-toy... And, no, it didn't have reverse, so no side
hack...
Old November 23rd 17, 01:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!
Asteroids to hit the Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
....Earth is TOAST, DONE, FINISHED, FINI,FIN!!!!
///MAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, WOO WOO WOOF!///

Old November 23rd 17, 03:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"drifter" wrote in message

"Indian Army Captures Odd Record"

Stunts like this was big , up to the late 50ies. Mostly police units.
Then, for some reason, it mostly went away...

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/artic...es-odd-record/

My first scoot was a 1948 HD, with tank-shift, and throttle on the left.
Left hand throttle meant ex-cop-cycle. And, it weighted in at 1,100 lbs.
That was a big-boys-toy... And, no, it didn't have reverse, so no side
hack...

My first motorscooter was a used Doodlebug motor scooter my dad bought for me in 1949. I have owned other motor scooters too and a few mopeds. www.cushmanscooters2.com Grainger Industrial Supply sells three wheel Cushman scooters, for warehouses/airports/whatever. www.mikeybike.com

Earth view/street view in Asia, you can see billions of people and whole families riding motor scooters and motor bikes too. I once read that the usual largest motor bike engines size in Asia are 250 cc engines. Look around online, you can find all kinds of weird two wheelers and also three wheelers.. In Vietnam I bought a used French Solex moped. The frame cracked, I took it to Motor Pool and got it welded up, then I gave it to one of the Vietnamese women who did our laundry. She didn't keep it long, she sold it. There used to be a Solex assembly plant in Vietnam. There is a guy in France who repairs and buys and sells old Solex mopeds.
Old November 23rd 17, 03:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"drifter" wrote in message

[...]

Cushmanscooters2.com 1522 W 134th Street Gardena, California. Earth view/Street view, dated 2017 shows it looks like the Gardena recycling center now, it's scrap metal yard now.

posting manuals Elbert Scanner 0 December 6th 05 04:21 AM
Posting ShortwaveMan Shortwave 0 February 3rd 05 11:44 PM
POSTING RICHARD ROBINSON Swap 0 January 4th 05 01:43 AM
Posting. Rick N. Shortwave 4 November 1st 03 03:34 AM
Keep on posting CB 3 October 15th 03 03:40 AM