Old October 31st 03, 09:45 PM
Rick N.

Default Posting.

Hi All,
I'm new to the group
I just posted a reception report, but I should of asked if it was ok to
do that?
If not, then I'm sorry I put the cart before the horse.
If it is ok, then what format and how often should I post?

73's
Rick
KB1KIL

Old October 31st 03, 10:10 PM
Diverd4777

Hey Rick

Happpy Halloweeeen !!!
- Sure!
if it's short wave related
even off the wall

"Aliens Abducted me yet again & Thats why I was late to work" Short wave
related

Post it here.
reception reports gladly received by all

Dan ( Listening to the Friday night line up on 7.415)

Old October 31st 03, 10:22 PM
Rick N.

Great, you'll defenatlly see more postings by me.
I'll group them up a bit nore though..

Old November 1st 03, 02:37 AM
Dr. Artaud

"Rick N." wrote in
:

Hey Rick, read the posts. Most have nothing to do with Shortwave. The
failures of Rush Limbaugh is a popular issue, as is Kevin Strom's
supposedly Nazi rantings. Not popular because of desirability, but
popular in terms of percentage of off topic versus on topic posts.

Most people just like to endlessly harass each other, the liberals versus
the conservatives, etc. Often the liberals complain about off topic
posts, but then continue with a plethora of anti-Rush Limbaugh, Alex
Jones, etc. posts, all unrelated to shortwave.

On topic posts would be quite a variance from the usual fare.

Be relaxed, add me to your killfile, add others, some will surely add you
to theirs. Despite the FAQs concerning this NG, the topics are often
anything but shortwave. But you know what Rick, I'd rather see people
obey the traffic laws, (not running red lights, not talking on cell
phones while driving, not speeding, etc) than to abide by the FAQs
concerning posting to this NG. For some twisted reason, some people are
obsessed with posts being in accordance with the FAQs.

Silly world.

Look forward to reading your posts, whether on or off topic.

Oh, and by the by Bill, please consider not posting your FCC Call sign on
this NG. Sooner or later you'll make someone mad, and this nitwit will
post your name, address, phone number, etc. on this NG and anywhere else
they can.

Dr. Artuad.

--
To know and to be, this is not even a question, there is no alternative.
You see it clearly in the loneliest little avenues between particles and
Old November 1st 03, 03:34 AM
Gray Shockley

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:45:20 -0600, Rick N. wrote
(in message ):

Hi All,
I'm new to the group
I just posted a reception report, but I should of asked if it was ok to
do that?

Reception reports are great!

If not, then I'm sorry I put the cart before the horse.
If it is ok, then what format and how often should I post?

You'll see others who post recreps but use whatever style you want with
whatever info you want to give.

What is usally nice is that the "subject" line has some sort of accuraterr
description (admittedly not always possible).

73's
Rick
KB1KIL

Gray Shockley
-----------------------
DX-392 DX-398
RX-320 DX-399
CCradio w/RS Loop
Torus Tuner (3-13 MHz)
Select-A-Tenna
Vicksburg, MS US

Test Posting Mike Ailer CB 3 June 27th 04 01:38 PM
LOL Twisty Nailed AT FORGING AND ANONYMOUS POSTING Twistedhed CB 0 December 2nd 03 10:29 PM
TOP TEN EXCUSES WHY LANDSHARK POSTING IN HOMO GROUPS Keyclownz R Dopers CB 0 September 27th 03 11:43 PM
rsgb now posting their fantastic $2 membership offer ian Boatanchors 0 August 6th 03 02:44 PM