Old July 2nd 03, 09:44 PM
Paul

Default GRUNDIG SATELLIT 800 MILLENNIUM SHORTWAVE RADIO (should I buy it !)

Hi Steve,
I just got one these three weeks ago and so far I like it alot. I
live near Atlanta, GA. I shopped around and ended up buying a new one
on ebay for $350 US.
Good luck.
Paul

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:11:53 -0500, "Steve St. Denis"
wrote:

I'm thinking about buying the grundig 800 radio, I have never baught a
shortwave receiver before so I would like some feed back on what people
think of this radio, is it a good radio, hows the reception on it, I live in
Fort Eire Ont. Canada and would like to listen to Aircraft, Military, Space
Shuttle, Marine, Ham Operators and Government Agencies, I'm really not to
interested in BBC, or Canadian Brodcast or things of that nature, Could you
send a few frequencies I could put into the radio in the Radio Shack Store
so I can see if it will pick up these kind of frequencies.
Regards
Steve

Old July 2nd 03, 11:33 PM
helmsman

wrote:

I'm thinking about buying the grundig 800 radio, I have never baught a
shortwave receiver before so I would like some feed back on what people
think of this radio, is it a good radio, hows the reception on it, I live in
Fort Eire Ont. Canada and would like to listen to Aircraft, Military, Space
Shuttle, Marine, Ham Operators and Government Agencies, I'm really not to
interested in BBC, or Canadian Brodcast or things of that nature, Could you
send a few frequencies I could put into the radio in the Radio Shack Store
so I can see if it will pick up these kind of frequencies.
Regards
Steve

Nice radio but the DAMN hum from the power source is not acceptable.
I am not pleased.
With batteries it works great.
..
BOYCOTT French made products & DON'T vacation in France!
Old July 3rd 03, 03:13 AM
Diverd4777

- Wouldn't a scanner suit your needs better than a SWR, which is designed
mostly for Program Listeneing??

I think a cheaper set with SSB capacities, such as the Sony 7600 or Grundig
YB-400
or Sangean 505A ( a bargain) Radio Shack DX-402
with an external antenna

AND a scanner..
Might be more appropriate purchases for a first timer..
Check to see what frequencies your intereste in first..

Old July 3rd 03, 04:39 PM
Gary

helmsman wrote in message . ..
Nice radio but the DAMN hum from the power source is not acceptable.
I am not pleased.
With batteries it works great.
.

You might have a bad AC adaptor OR a poor ground. I have no hum on my
Satellit 800 using AC.