Old July 6th 03, 01:08 PM
Frank Dresser

Default CATASTROPHE Confirms MAN AS OLD AS COAL

"N8KDV" wrote in message
The only real catastrophe is that there are no longer any coal fired
short-wave receivers being produced. Ah... the good old days.

Steve
Holland, MI

As I understand, back in the crystal radio days, just about everything was
tried as a detector. Including coal. But nothing found was better than
galena, and later, germanium. Which makes me think these inhuman non-coal
detectors were a product of an even more ancient alien technology.

So, is man as old as tinfoil?

Frank Dresser

Old July 6th 03, 01:13 PM
JuJu Bees

"N8KDV" wrote in message
The only real catastrophe is that there are no longer any coal fired
short-wave receivers being produced. Ah... the good old days.

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Durn straight OM!

I used to listened to my coal-fired
RCA while pullin coal-drags on the
C&O in my 2-8-8-2 H7 !

On a serious note here is
a really great site folks! -- http://www.cohs.org/index.htm

Old July 6th 03, 07:04 PM
Spamcop'em All

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

"N8KDV" wrote in message
The only real catastrophe is that there are no longer any coal fired
short-wave receivers being produced. Ah... the good old days.

Steve
Holland, MI

As I understand, back in the crystal radio days, just about everything was
tried as a detector. Including coal. But nothing found was better than
galena, and later, germanium. Which makes me think these inhuman non-coal
detectors were a product of an even more ancient alien technology.

So, is man as old as tinfoil?

Man as old as a tinfoil hat.

--
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Badmouthing spammers since 2003

Old July 7th 03, 02:52 AM
Brenda Ann

(Ed Conrad) wrote in message ...

For one thing, man -- in almost our present form -- existed while
coal was being formed, and our ancestors lived alongside
giant scorpions, dinosaurs and beasts with six-inch-high canine
teeth.

Actually, dinosaurs had become extinct millions of years before the most
primitive of anthropoids ever showed up on the scene. Note in the link
below, the K-T boundary, when the dinosaurs became extinct, was 65,000,000
years ago. Hominids (pre-anthropoids) occured at a point between 12 and 20
million years ago. Modern man (Homo Sapiens Sapiens) came on the scene only
about 50,000 years ago.

Old July 7th 03, 02:56 AM
Brenda Ann

Oops.. forgot the link...

http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/geo_timeline.html

Old July 7th 03, 02:58 AM
Clave

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

(Ed Conrad) wrote in message ...

For one thing, man -- in almost our present form -- existed while
coal was being formed, and our ancestors lived alongside
giant scorpions, dinosaurs and beasts with six-inch-high canine
teeth.

Actually, dinosaurs had become extinct millions of years before the most
primitive of anthropoids ever showed up on the scene. Note in the link
below, the K-T boundary, when the dinosaurs became extinct, was 65,000,000
years ago. Hominids (pre-anthropoids) occured at a point between 12 and 20
million years ago. Modern man (Homo Sapiens Sapiens) came on the scene only
about 50,000 years ago.

Brenda Ann, meet Ed Conrad. And good bloody luck to ya.

Jim

Old July 7th 03, 03:03 AM
Vanilla Gorilla (Monkey Boy)

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 10:56:22 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote in alt.fan.art-bell:

Oops.. forgot the link...

http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/geo_timeline.html

Obviously just part of The Conspiracy To Make Ed Look Stoopid.
--
V.G.

"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it is easier to harrass
rich women than it is motorcycle gangs." - Bumper Sticker
(This sig file contains not less than 80% recycled SPAM)

Sarcasm is my sword, Apathy is my shield.
Old July 7th 03, 06:57 AM
Hokey Wolf

wrote in alt.fan.art-bell:

Oops.. forgot the link...

http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/geo_timeline.html

Obviously just part of The Conspiracy To Make Ed Look Stoopid.

What conspiracy?

--

Grand Inspector of the K00kfinder General
Skepticult Member 518-27581-876
Old July 7th 03, 08:59 AM
Mister Sinister

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 18:03:12 -0800, "Vanilla Gorilla (Monkey Boy)"
wrote:

Obviously just part of The Conspiracy To Make Ed Look Stoopid.
--
V.G.

Conspiracy or consensus?