Old July 8th 03, 02:10 PM
Frank Dresser

Default Rapists and Robbers have a New Weapon

"rodney" wrote in message
An American gentleman was traveling by himself on a bus through Mexico. A

nice local man sat next to him on the crowded bus. They began a friendly
conversation and the local man warned the American about the thieves that
prey on travelers. He warned the American to watch out for pickpockets with
razor blades that will slit your pockets and take your wallet and you don't
even know it. After a while on the long bus ride, he took out some homemade
biscuits, took one for himself, started eating it and offered some to the
American. The American took one of the biscuits and started eating it. The
next thing the American remembered was waking up in a drugged state of mind
on the side of the road. His money, his clothes, his luggage, everything was
gone.

[snip]

Why didn't they steal his kidneys, too? Howcum he didn't wake up in a tub
full of ice? These stories should get more alarming with time, not less. A
story about a stranger in a strange land trusting a biscuit sharer should
end up with him losing all of his possessions, his kidneys, corneas, a lobe
of his liver and his identity. That'll be a lesson for us all. Oh, let him
keep his camera full of newly exposed film and his toothbrush.

Frank Dresser

Old July 8th 03, 03:30 PM
Al Patrick

Reminds me of some advice I read in a book on shooting pool for money -
I don't. The author's advice was to NEVER eat or drink ANYTHING where
you are shooting for money. It can only lead to trouble!

Al

----------------------

Old July 8th 03, 04:03 PM
Frank Dresser

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
Reminds me of some advice I read in a book on shooting pool for money -
I don't. The author's advice was to NEVER eat or drink ANYTHING where
you are shooting for money. It can only lead to trouble!

Al

Never play cards with a man called Doc.

Never eat at a place called Mom's.

Never sleep with a woman whose troubles are worse than your own.

Nelson Algren