Old July 9th 03, 02:35 AM
J Plimmer

Default Airforce three???

Have been trying to log Air Force One as it passed by Luanda (Angola) on its
way South to Waterkloof AFB (Pretoria) from Senegal.
Missed that though, because although AF1 was said to arrive at 2200 UTC, it
actually arrived just before 2100 utc.
That would have put it passing Angola around 1900 utc, before I got on the
air.
Did log "Air Force 3" working Luanda at 1948 utc on 8861USB.
Question: I did not know there was such a thing as "Air Force 3"? Did I hear
wrong?
I do know there were supposed to be three aircraft though?
That would put the third one as flying about one hour behind AF1.
Anyone know the routine on Presidential overseas flights?

Once AF1 passes into Namibian airspace, it would change to VHF, so I would
not be able to monitor that at my QTH, as it is about 2000 miles North of
Cape Town.

Did catch Billy boy when he came to Africa in AF1, but that was when I lived
in Joburg and got them on 126.7 Mhz VHF when they were approaching
Johannesburg International.

John Plimmer --
Montagu, Western Cape Province, Republic of South Africa
GPS South 33 47 East 20 07
Ant RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Kiwa MW Loop, Datong AD-370.
RX Drake R8B, Drake SW8
Eddystone 940, Hallicrafters SX-100
GE SRIII, 7600D, Sangean 818 &803A,
Braun T1000, BW XCR-30
MFJ 1025, Datong FL3
GE circa 50's imbuia radiogram

Old July 9th 03, 03:22 AM
tedpeterson8

That would put the third one as flying about one hour behind AF1.
Anyone know the routine on Presidential overseas flights?

That seems to fall under OPSEC my friend.