Old July 10th 03, 03:06 AM
George Webster

Default ILG Radio

Hi, I have been using the database for several years. It took nearly 6 mos
to receive a password. A significant delay to receive the password appears
to be norm. The database is very worth waiting a while for.....
Regards,
George Webster
Appleton, WI
ATS-909 & R-75/Alpha-Delta Sloper

Old July 10th 03, 03:53 AM
Donald Reeve

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 21:36:04 -0400, "John F Porter"
wrote:

Anyone out there using the ILG radio database

and if so how long did it take you to get the password

I've been using ILG for a few years now and it's been quite an asset
as I can load it into a DB program and tune my Ten-Tec RX-320 by just
clicking on entries. When I got my password initially I think it only
took a couple of days at most. Nowadays, though, the author--Bernd
Friedewald--has a lot more "customers" and it can take quite some time
for him to catch up on password requests. He has a business to run,
remember, and this free database is just out of the goodness of his
heart--he has to tend to his livelihood first.

What seems to be counter-productive is nagging him with repeated email
requests--as he's a busy man offering something for free he will
frequently get rather ****ed at folks that keep sending him password
requests. I can only advise patience, and once you get it--don't lose
it!

Donald Reeve
Old July 11th 03, 01:16 AM
funkbastler

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:56:05 -0500, funkbastler
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 02:03:07 GMT, "Jim Hackett"
wrote:

Took less than 12 hours to get mine...

You were lucky. I didn't mark the calendar, but it
was around six weeks before mine showed up.

ok - didn't mark the calendar, but did find the email.
Requested on 05-April-03, received on 19-May-2003.

-fb-