Old July 15th 03, 03:07 PM
Ron Hardin

Default Lightning? IN/IL

There must be some spectacular lightning over IL/IN this morning
(the only storm I see); it's been a continuous crashing over
WFNR 710 Blacksburg VA heard in Central Ohio since 6am this morning.

Not just the occasional crash but a constant roar.

Either that or there's another kind of RFI this morning; I think it's
lightning though.

The reception of WXYT 1270 Detroit is very good as usual and I have
to put a null in the IL/IN direction to get rid of WUCO 1270 Marysville,
which would also take out the lightning from that direction.
--
Ron Hardin

Old July 15th 03, 03:49 PM
John H. Carver Jr.

You got that right, Ron. Stormed here for several hours this morning. All
I could think was here we go again. We just came off of a week of this
stuff. Power was only out once this morning, was out about seventy times
last week. Didn't lose any radios this time, but I did lose some antennas.
Trees. down everywhere.
John

--
John H. Carver Jr.
Mid-North Indiana

Old July 15th 03, 09:04 PM
Clifton T. Sharp Jr.

Ron Hardin wrote:
There must be some spectacular lightning over IL/IN this morning
(the only storm I see); it's been a continuous crashing over
WFNR 710 Blacksburg VA heard in Central Ohio since 6am this morning.

Not just the occasional crash but a constant roar.

The whole AM band was useless since at least 1 AM CDT (when I started
listening) because of what sounded like continuous lightning noise.
Nephew tells me there was quite a light show starting around 5 AM in
the southwest 'burbs of Chicago, with the thunderstorm.

--
The function of an asshole is to emit quantities of crap. Spammers do
a very good job of that. However, I do object to my inbox being a

Help - My Amp Supply LK-500ZB Linear got Zapped by Lightning!! Rob Homebrew 0 May 23rd 04 06:31 PM
Lightning Protection Joseph Fenn Antenna 0 April 1st 04 02:13 AM
Base Antenna Mounting Zeeeeeeee3 CB 110 February 23rd 04 03:55 AM
Lightning Strokes, Masts & Volts Reg Edwards Antenna 3 February 2nd 04 01:42 AM
Lightning protection question revisited Ron Antenna 3 September 17th 03 09:07 PM