Old July 22nd 03, 02:17 PM
MJC

Well, yea, but the funniest damn thing that leaves me ROTFL is that the word
"mail" was originally derived from, you guessed it, a French word.

MJC

"RHF" wrote in message
om...
Had the French simply used a shortened contraction of "courrier
electronique"
[e-Cour]; then the may have seen the light in modern communication.
But to try and tell the young people that "courrier electronique" or
"Courriel" is faster and easier to type and use that e-Mail or
[e-Cour] is just plain stupid. (Pardon My French !)

Today's Youth who are use to Celphone "Text Messaging" are not going
to use 17 or 9 key strokes when they can communicate the same meaning
in 5 key strokes that are understood around the world.

The French do not understand that they are no longer a Military, Trade
or Cultural Power in this new Century.

~ RHF
.
.
= = = helmsman
= = = wrote in message

. ..
On 18 Jul 2003 23:07:12 GMT, (Radioman390) wrote:

PARIS (AP) - Goodbye ``e-mail'', the French government says, and hello
``courriel'' - the term that linguistically sensitive France is now

using to
refer to electronic mail in official documents.

The Culture Ministry has announced a ban on the use of ``e-mail'' in

all
government ministries, documents, publications or Web sites, the latest

step to
stem an incursion of English words into the French lexicon.

The ministry's General Commission on Terminology and Neology insists

Internet
surfers in France are broadly using the term ``courrier electronique''
(electronic mail) instead of e-mail - a claim some industry experts

dispute.
``Courriel'' is a fusion of the two words.

Dumb FROGS!!!

.
BOYCOTT French made products & DON'T vacation in France!

Old July 26th 03, 11:08 PM
Gregg

Behold, Radioman390 scribed:

I will never Ever!!! buy any kind of French products!!! My wife wanted
to buy some wine last night and I said No French wine!! She said of
course not!

OK
But no French Kissing (she may not like that!) and if you end up in bed
with her anyway, no French Ticklers.

No French Fries, either

Sure, Freedom Fries, Freedom Kissing, and Freedom Ticklers are OK.

France, Germany, Russia and Canada r0x0rz!

All hail the crash of the American, capitalist, imperialist empire!!!

:-p

(couldn't resist)

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*

New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 12:02 AM
France is conquered by of all things, an Italian. Clint Policy 3 October 12th 03 05:21 AM
France, keeping in mind its recent history General 0 October 11th 03 04:19 AM
France, keeping in mind its recent history General 0 October 11th 03 04:19 AM