Old July 19th 03, 12:07 AM
Radioman390

Default Support France! Send a courriel to a soldier today!

PARIS (AP) - Goodbye ``e-mail'', the French government says, and hello
``courriel'' - the term that linguistically sensitive France is now using to
refer to electronic mail in official documents.

The Culture Ministry has announced a ban on the use of ``e-mail'' in all
government ministries, documents, publications or Web sites, the latest step to
stem an incursion of English words into the French lexicon.

The ministry's General Commission on Terminology and Neology insists Internet
surfers in France are broadly using the term ``courrier electronique''
(electronic mail) instead of e-mail - a claim some industry experts dispute.
``Courriel'' is a fusion of the two words.

Old July 19th 03, 02:41 AM
Burr

I don't really care what the French do, how they do it or why.

I hope the USofA will have nothing further to do with them. I'll stay
the hell out of there.

Burr

Old July 19th 03, 06:44 AM
The Traveller

Burr wrote in
:

I don't really care what the French do, how they do it or why.

I hope the USofA will have nothing further to do with them.
I'll stay the hell out of there.

Burr

Interesting ... so I suppose the rest of the world should boycott the
USofA and the UK now that they all know that the main reasons for the
intervention were exagerated and/or fabricated.

Our soldiers are dying needlessly one by one and there is no end in
sight. My daughter is one of them out there. We should get out and
let them handle their own mess. There is no way that we will be able
to impose our way of life into that society.

--
The Traveller,
San Diego, California
Old July 19th 03, 06:59 AM
Burr

I agree with you %100, we should have never gone in there in the first
place. France has always not liked the USA, long before this mideast thing.

I don't see anyway for us to save face or win or anything. WE SHOULD
HAVE NEVER GONE IN. If you read back you'll see I said that long before
we went to war.

Burr

The Traveller wrote:
Burr wrote in
:

Old July 19th 03, 11:46 AM
helmsman

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 05:44:21 GMT, The Traveller
wrote:

Burr wrote in
:

I don't really care what the French do, how they do it or why.

I hope the USofA will have nothing further to do with them.
I'll stay the hell out of there.

Burr

Interesting ... so I suppose the rest of the world should boycott the
USofA and the UK now that they all know that the main reasons for the
intervention were exagerated and/or fabricated.

Our soldiers are dying needlessly one by one and there is no end in
sight. My daughter is one of them out there. We should get out and
let them handle their own mess. There is no way that we will be able
to impose our way of life into that society.

You are correct of course. Wait till some despot controls eastern oil
and you have to walk to work or freeze. Sadam tried to kill George
the first. That in and of itself "is an act of WAR!
Anyone not backing our cause and backing the enemy is a 5th columnist.

The next time take a book out of the library the
feds will know what you are reading.
http://www.ala.org/Content/Navigatio...atriot_Act.htm
Old July 19th 03, 02:14 PM
eryoung

I will never Ever!!! buy any kind of French products!!! My wife wanted to
buy some wine last night and I said No French wine!! She said of course
not!

jeesh I'm shaking like a French soldier! (lol)

Take care
A Proud American
"Agent Smith" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:46:16 GMT, helmsman

wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 05:44:21 GMT, The Traveller
wrote:

Burr wrote in
:

I don't really care what the French do, how they do it or why.

I hope the USofA will have nothing further to do with them.
I'll stay the hell out of there.

Burr

Interesting ... so I suppose the rest of the world should boycott the
USofA and the UK now that they all know that the main reasons for the
intervention were exagerated and/or fabricated.

Our soldiers are dying needlessly one by one and there is no end in
sight. My daughter is one of them out there. We should get out and
let them handle their own mess. There is no way that we will be able
to impose our way of life into that society.

You are correct of course. Wait till some despot controls eastern oil
and you have to walk to work or freeze.

Great justification for overthrowing a government and seizing its

resources. Makes us look like such a civilized nation.

There are tecnologies that are being stifled so that we continue with our

fossil fuel gluttony and dependence on eastern oil.

Sadam tried to kill George
the first. That in and of itself "is an act of WAR!

Been there done that, old news. This is 2003 and George the first

survived. How does that relate to NOW except that Doubleya got us into this
quagmire
to continue where daddy failed?

Anyone not backing our cause and backing the enemy is a 5th columnist.

And what "cause" is that? World Domination?

The next time take a book out of the library the
feds will know what you are reading.

http://www.ala.org/Content/Navigatio...ices/Intellect

ual_Freedom3/Intellectual_Freedom_Issues/USA_Patriot_Act.htm

Old July 19th 03, 06:51 PM
Radioman390

I will never Ever!!! buy any kind of French products!!! My wife wanted to
buy some wine last night and I said No French wine!! She said of course
not!

OK
But no French Kissing (she may not like that!)
and if you end up in bed with her anyway, no French Ticklers.

No French Fries, either

Sure, Freedom Fries, Freedom Kissing, and Freedom Ticklers are OK.

New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 12:02 AM
France is conquered by of all things, an Italian. Clint Policy 3 October 12th 03 05:21 AM
France, keeping in mind its recent history General 0 October 11th 03 04:19 AM
France, keeping in mind its recent history General 0 October 11th 03 04:19 AM