Old July 20th 03, 11:00 PM
Jon Van Allen

Default Sony 7600G problem

The AM and Shortwave section of my 7600G died on a camping trip a few days
ago, no signals whatever from 150 KHz thru 30 MHz but the FM section is
fine.

The problem is obviously an AM amp failure, has anyone else had this
problem?
No schematic here so any help would be appreciated (email direct please).

Thanks,
Jon

Old August 2nd 03, 09:01 PM
Stephan Grossklass

Jon Van Allen schrieb:

The AM and Shortwave section of my 7600G died on a camping trip a few days
ago, no signals whatever from 150 KHz thru 30 MHz but the FM section is
fine.

The problem is obviously an AM amp failure, has anyone else had this
problem?

I'm not aware of this being a common problem. Might also be IF related
(the FM and AM sections don't have that much in common).

No schematic here so any help would be appreciated (email direct please).

No idea whether you already have the service manual, but I've recently
uploaded one to
http://stephan.win31.de/76gserv.zip

My 7600G could also use some alignment (frequency's a bit off, wobbly
SSB in high frequencies, and it likes to hum on strong station on
certain bands)... I'll probably have that done once I'm a little less
broke .

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/ | Webm.: http://www.i24.com/
PC#6: i440LX, 2xCel300A, 256 MB, 18 GB, ATI AGP 32 MB, 110W