Old July 25th 03, 06:09 AM
Kelvin Muthumani

Default Ten Tec 1254 HF receiver kit

Hi,

I am thinking of getting a Ten Tec 1254 HF receiver kit, I would like
to know how good is it for SSB reception, PSK31 etc.

Thank You,

Kelvin
Old July 25th 03, 01:04 PM
Jackie

"Kelvin Muthumani" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I am thinking of getting a Ten Tec 1254 HF receiver kit, I would like
to know how good is it for SSB reception, PSK31 etc.

I recommend Ten Tec's kits highly. They are very well-made and Ten Tec's
instruction manuals are excellent. I built one of their receivers (not the
1254) and it's a solid little receiver. The alignment procedure was
explained very well and was very simple, even for a newbie.

Here is a link to some product reviews for this particular kit:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1662

Jackie

Old July 25th 03, 03:06 PM
Al Patrick

Kelvin,

There is a Ten Tec mail list where you can find out just about anything
you want about anything Ten Tec has ever made. It appears to me that
once a Ten Tec user always a Ten Tec user! :-) There are some very
dedicated fans on that mail list. A message sent to

with only the word subscribe in the body of the message should get you
subscribed. To unsubscribe send another message to the same address
with only the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

They make good products, and give good service.

Al