Old July 26th 03, 03:06 PM
N8KDV

yazoo63 wrote:

Heard a weak EE transmission on 15135 khz at 0330 UTC last night. Station
went off
the air with a female announcer, followed by a toned carrier, then
off the air by 0345.

I've checked all the published frequencies, and can't find any
listing of an english transmission on that freq at that time
(actually, i cant find ANY transmission of that freq at that time).

Anybody have a clue as to what station this could be?

Barry
N4IJN
Fredericksburg, VA

You need to set the date on your 'puter too... it's showing Sunday, the 27th
on your message header.

Old July 26th 03, 08:41 PM
Jeff Y.

Hi Barry,

From their schedule I've listed below, I'd pretty much say it looks
like AIR just like Steve stated.

ENGLISH

0035-0040 1134 7170
0245-0300 594 3945 6030 7220
1830 15135
0335-0340 7220 11830 15135
0730-0735 15185 15260
0830-0840 15185 15260
1135-1140 9595 11620 11710 15185
1230-1235 4860 6085 17860
1430-1435 6085 9575 9835
1435-1440 6085 9575 SPORTS
1530-1545 1134 6085 7255 9575
9820 9835 9910 11740
1730-1735 6085 7140 9575 9835

Jeff Y.

Old July 26th 03, 11:41 PM
yazoo63

Where did you find this schedule?

I checked A03 (which was supposedly updated on July 20), and it shows no
mention of AIR on that freq.
I checked several English language broadcast lists, the hardcore-DX mailing
archive, did a Yahoo search
for that freq, and no mention at all of 15135. It would be nice if AIR
updated the freqs listed on the program schedule on their webpage, too. (i
guess that would be asking too much).

Oh well, so much for using the AO3 list as a resource. Up until now, i had
found it to be accurate.

By the way, i had a gut feeling it was AIR, but the lack of available
evidence threw me off.

Gracias

"Jeff Y." wrote in message
Hi Barry,

From their schedule I've listed below, I'd pretty much say it looks

Old July 27th 03, 12:19 AM
Jeff Y.

Actually I found it at.......

http://www.angelfire.com/in/alokdg/airnews.htm

I did a google search for all india radio schedule and it was the
second one listed with what I thought was the best information. My
best catch of AIR was on the 41 meter band back about 10 years ago.
The 40 meter ham band was quiet an not many to tal with so I started
SWLing. Bingo, AIR on 7140 or 7170, can't recall exactly. Sent for a
QSL and all. Pretty neat to do after letting SWLing go after I became
a ham.

Jeff Y.

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 18:41:23 -0400, "yazoo63"
wrote:

Where did you find this schedule?

I checked A03 (which was supposedly updated on July 20), and it shows no
mention of AIR on that freq.
I checked several English language broadcast lists, the hardcore-DX mailing
archive, did a Yahoo search
for that freq, and no mention at all of 15135. It would be nice if AIR
updated the freqs listed on the program schedule on their webpage, too. (i
guess that would be asking too much).

Oh well, so much for using the AO3 list as a resource. Up until now, i had
found it to be accurate.

By the way, i had a gut feeling it was AIR, but the lack of available
evidence threw me off.

Gracias

"Jeff Y." wrote in message
Hi Barry,

From their schedule I've listed below, I'd pretty much say it looks

Old July 27th 03, 01:14 AM
yazoo63

Guess i need to modify how i'm doing my Yahoo searches. I did a search for
"15130 khz" and didn't come up with anything
about AIR. But searching for "All India Radio 15130" did the trick.

I started swl'ing back in the mid-70s with a Realistic DX-160 receiver
(ahhhh, the memories of listening to Idi Amin speeches on Radio Uganda on 41
meters ... now THAT was a big signal !). Got my ham ticket in '79. Just
recently started getting back into SWLing, so have a lot
of catching up to do.

Just curious ... what radio and antenna(s) you using ?

wrote:

Where did you find this schedule?

I checked A03 (which was supposedly updated on July 20), and it shows no
mention of AIR on that freq.
I checked several English language broadcast lists, the hardcore-DX

mailing
archive, did a Yahoo search
for that freq, and no mention at all of 15135. It would be nice if AIR
updated the freqs listed on the program schedule on their webpage, too.

(i
guess that would be asking too much).

Oh well, so much for using the AO3 list as a resource. Up until now, i

had
found it to be accurate.

By the way, i had a gut feeling it was AIR, but the lack of available
evidence threw me off.

Gracias

"Jeff Y." wrote in message
Hi Barry,

From their schedule I've listed below, I'd pretty much say it looks

Old July 27th 03, 03:51 AM
Stewart Mackenzie

The station could be All India Radio which is in English from 0330-0345 hrs
in their Domestic Serviuces at 50kw. Hope this will help solve your unknown
station.

Stewart H. MacKenzie, WDX6AA
"World Friendship Through Shortwave Radio Where Culture and Language Meet"
ASWLC - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ASWLC/

Old July 27th 03, 04:16 AM
Jeff Y.

For SWl I use a R-2000 with a 18 foot wire along the baseboard in my
bedroom. Back in PA I used a DX-160 and a 100 foot lingwire in the
attic. Worked rather well.

Jeff Y.

wrote:

Where did you find this schedule?

I checked A03 (which was supposedly updated on July 20), and it shows no
mention of AIR on that freq.
I checked several English language broadcast lists, the hardcore-DX

mailing
archive, did a Yahoo search
for that freq, and no mention at all of 15135. It would be nice if AIR
updated the freqs listed on the program schedule on their webpage, too.

(i
guess that would be asking too much).

Oh well, so much for using the AO3 list as a resource. Up until now, i

had
found it to be accurate.

By the way, i had a gut feeling it was AIR, but the lack of available
evidence threw me off.

Gracias

"Jeff Y." wrote in message
Hi Barry,

From their schedule I've listed below, I'd pretty much say it looks

Old July 27th 03, 02:38 PM
yazoo63

Default mystery station ... need help identifying

Heard a weak EE transmission on 15135 khz at 0330 UTC last night. Station
went off
the air with a female announcer, followed by a toned carrier, then
off the air by 0345.

I've checked all the published frequencies, and can't find any
listing of an english transmission on that freq at that time
(actually, i cant find ANY transmission of that freq at that time).

Anybody have a clue as to what station this could be?

Barry
N4IJN
Fredericksburg, VA

WMLT radio station celebrates 60 years Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 January 5th 05 05:43 PM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM
FS: Palomar 225 Pack Rat CB 12 September 16th 03 06:43 PM
I also need Diy plans for a 300 watt linear BR549 CB 2 September 16th 03 06:37 PM