Old July 28th 03, 04:20 AM
N8KDV

yazoo63 wrote:

Well, you also did say "so have to assume"...

And your point of all this is ???? ( What does it matter, anyway?)

My point? I thought you were the one trying to make a point. After all, it was
you who came back with the nonesense post.

I get the impression you haven't got a clue as to what you're talking about.

I suggest you try to not get so worked up...

LOL ... worked up? Radio is a hobby, and i treat it as such. There's much
more important things in the world to get
worked up about. I enjoy the hobby and try to have fun with it.

Keep trying.

(You'll
know when i get worked up !!!!). LOL

Spare me.

73

"N8KDV" wrote in message

yazoo63 wrote:

I never said there was a clandestine station there. I said there was a
POSSIBILITY

Well, you also did say "so have to assume"...

that there was one there, based on
the fact that i heard a carrier and it was being jammed.

Are you really sure it was being jammed? Or was it possibly just another

utility
signal?

Logic would
dictate that nobody would bother to jam a carrier unless something was

being
broadcasted on that carrier that they didn't want others to hear. All

was doing was soliciting ideas from others to see if it is possible that
there was (or had been) clandestine activity on that freq in the past.

And
as it turns out,
there had been.

Thats all there was to my original post. Dont try to read too much into

it.

I didn't... I just read what you wrote...

Have a nice day

I will/and have. I suggest you try to not get so worked up...

"N8KDV" wrote in message

RedOctober90 wrote:

N8KDV wrote in message
yazoo63 wrote:

Hearing a possible clandestine station around 4417.5 khz.

Hearing
the
carrier, but cant detect any audio due to
static in my area. Hearing a jamming signal on same freq, so

have
to assume
there's a clandestine there.

Why would you assume that simply based upon hearing a carrier?

Anybody have any info on this ?

Barry N4IJN

Sorry N8KDV... that it's not about politics and Bill Clinton.

OK, whiner....

Yes Yazoo, it's hard to ID something that is simply a blank carrier.

Old July 28th 03, 04:27 AM
yazoo63

Well, i thought we were done with this, but i guess you want to keep it
going, so i'll bite ...
What exactly was nonsense" about my post?

"N8KDV" wrote in message

Old July 28th 03, 04:36 AM
N8KDV

yazoo63 wrote:

Well, i thought we were done with this, but i guess you want to keep it
going, so i'll bite ...
What exactly was nonsense" about my post?

I asked you a very simple question. That was: Why would you assume that simply
based upon hearing a carrier?

Then, you come back with a bunch of crap. I figure that was nonsense.

Pretty simple huh? Now go back to your radio, and try to get a little
experience.

"N8KDV" wrote in message

Old July 28th 03, 04:47 AM
N8KDV

yazoo63 wrote:

Yes Yazoo, it's hard to ID something that is simply a blank carrier.

Actually, i didn't say it was a blank carrier.

And, RedOctober90 never stated that YOU said it was a blank carrier. He was
simply making an observation.

As I stated the other day on another newsgroup, the level of comprehension here
(and there) simply astounds me at times.

You are a mighty defensive person Barry...

I said that i couldn't
detect any audio due to a high level of static in my
area at the time. There very well could have been audio, i just couldnt
tell through the static. I was hoping someone
else who had better conditions might have heard audio there.

I cant wait until winter time conditions get here so the low bands quiet
down.

"RedOctober90" wrote in message
om...

Old July 28th 03, 05:17 AM
N8KDV

yazoo63 wrote:

I asked you a very simple question. That was: Why would you assume that
simply
based upon hearing a carrier?

And i gave you a very simple answer. I've been swling off and on since the
mid-70's , and it sounded like a jamming
signal. Could it have been coincidence that it was on that frequency?
Absolutely! Could it have been a digital signal
that sounded like jamming though my high static level? Yes. And according
the the
hardcoredx archives, that freq has been used by clandestines in the past. (i
had actually researched that before i made
my original post). So, is it possible that there was a clandestine there?
yes.. Might it just have been just a
stray carrier? yes. Either of our arguments could have been correct.
It's all conjecture, anyway.

Well, i'm off to bed. Gonna get up early and get to Home Depot to get
materials to build a 6 meter yagi tomorrow.
Hope i dont get rained out.

73, Barry N4IJN

The one good thing that's come of all this is that every time I come across a
'stray carrier', I'll think of clandestine radio, and you. :-) Why just tonight
alone I've come across numerous carriers with the POSSIBILITY of being
clandestine stations.

It sure as hell didn't sound from your original post that you'd done any
research at all... if you had, you'd have certainly mentioned it, rather than
asking if "Anybody have any info on this ?" Now, you seem to know all about the
station. (Which by the way hasn't been logged on that frequency in months).

It's been fun Barry, might I suggest a little more 'on' time rather than 'off'
in your swl'ing hobby.

73

"N8KDV" wrote in message

Old July 28th 03, 05:24 AM
yazoo63

Well, i admit that i've been out of the SWL hobby for many years. Just
retired from the Coast Guard after 20 years,
(8 years of which were doing sea time on 3 different cutters). When i wasnt
at sea, i was stationed at places that werent good for putting up decent
antennas. So, havent had a lot of time for the hobby since high school.
Thats part of the reason why i'm here on this newsgroup. I'll take you're
advice and try to spend more time in the SWL bands.

Okay, now i'm REALLY going to bed. I was just making one last run through
the bands.

73 es gn

"N8KDV" wrote in message