Old July 29th 03, 12:54 AM
Mike Maghakian

Default high quality machined metal tuning knob for communications receivers

I have 1 3/4 inch by 5/8 inch metal black tuning knobs for sale. they
have a raised dimple for your finger tip and look very sleek and cool.
they have a 1/4 inch hole for the tuning shaft. they use two set
screws to hold them in place.

they are $9.50 each or 2 for $18 with free shipping to the USA. add $5
for foreign shipping.

they work fine on at least these radios:

drake R8 series
Drake SW-8
Grundig Satellit 800

and should work on any radio with a 1/4 inch tuning shaft.

pics at:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/mma...=/knob&.view=t
Old July 29th 03, 02:41 AM
Brian Denley

Mike:
Mine just arrived and it's already on my R8A. The knob is high quality,
heavy and looks great. It looks like Drake designed it. What an upgrade
from the plastic knob!
Thanks
--
Brian Denley

om...

Old July 29th 03, 11:35 PM
N8KDV

Mike Maghakian wrote:

I have found that I can get true flywheel tuning with the Drakes by
using the knob I sell and lubricating the tuning shaft with spray
lubricant like Caig MCL. now I can spin the knob about 6 times with
the flip of my wrist.

I've never wondered why that feature was important? I can probably enter a frequency in faster
with the keypad than you can get to where you're going that way.

In the old days I can see where that might have been a nice feature as it made QSY'ing much
easier. But with todays rigs I don't miss that at all.

Old July 30th 03, 03:48 PM
Mike Maghakian

about 2 OZ, someone has added weight also to his to make it heavier
but I have not found that necessary

starman wrote in message ...
Mike Maghakian wrote:

I have found that I can get true flywheel tuning with the Drakes by
using the knob I sell and lubricating the tuning shaft with spray
lubricant like Caig MCL. now I can spin the knob about 6 times with
the flip of my wrist.

What does your knob weigh?