Old August 2nd 03, 01:12 PM
Michael

Default Is Radio Australia relayed ???

Hiya...

Is Radio Australia relayed ??? I'm listening on 9.580 at 12:00 UTC and it
sounds VERY strong It peaks at S-20 on the R-75's meter. Great modulation
and minimal fading.

If I had to guess I'd say it was relayed from Sackville.

--
Respectfully,

Michael

Home Page: http://md_dxing.tripod.com/
Northern NJ
R75 w/DSP, Kiwa agc/sync & audio mods
G5RV & 200ft longwire w/ICE-180
MFJ-1048 preselector
SoundBlstr Live PC card w/five piece Cambridge
speakers & full software mixer/eq.

Old August 2nd 03, 03:00 PM
Robert Sillett

9,580 kHz is from Shepparton, Victoria (north of Melbourne) with 100 kW.

It comes in very well in the Eastern US until a couple of hours past
sunrise. It typically fades out by 9:30 or 10:00 EDT.

--- Bob

et...

Old August 2nd 03, 03:31 PM
Michael

Relayed to listeners that are far from the original radio transmission via a
station that receives the broadcast and then re-transmits it. A relay
station can either re-transmit the actual radio signal or it can transmit a
web cast or a satellite signal.

Examples. Radio Japan or RCI. I can hear it here in NJ like it's next door
because it's relayed from a transmitter in Canada.

Get it ???

--
Respectfully,

Michael

Home Page: http://md_dxing.tripod.com/
Northern NJ
R75 w/DSP, Kiwa agc/sync & audio mods
G5RV & 200ft longwire w/ICE-180
MFJ-1048 preselector
SoundBlstr Live PC card w/five piece Cambridge
speakers & full software mixer/eq.

"Burr" wrote in message
Relayed to what????

Burr

Old August 2nd 03, 05:41 PM
Diverd4777

Hi Michael:

I 've tuned in Radio Australia on 9.580 in the morning; it sounds VERY close
here in
NYC;
- No relay involved, just very good skip factors.
( & Broadcasting - ONLY- 100,000 watts )

Respectfully,

Dan ( R-75 , Sangean 606A, B&H $9.95 & 100 feet random Wire)

so my In article , "Michael"

Old August 2nd 03, 07:55 PM
Jouko Huuskonen

Kranji, Singapore. I´m confident. Could some other relays, too.

"Michael" kirjoitti viestissä

Old August 2nd 03, 09:12 PM
Don Forsling

"Michael" wrote in message
et...
Examples. Radio Japan or RCI. I can hear it here in NJ like it's next

door
because it's relayed from a transmitter in Canada.

Get it ???

--

No, I don't. Do you really mean that RCI is _relayed_ from Canada? RCI is
not _relayed_ from Canada. It originates in Canada and is broadcast overs

Old August 3rd 03, 06:23 AM
Michael

You are 100 % correct. I get RCI and CRI mixed up all the time. I mean
CRI. As inC for China :-)

Get it ???
--
Respectfully,

Michael

Home Page: http://md_dxing.tripod.com/
Northern NJ
R75 w/DSP, Kiwa agc/sync & audio mods
G5RV & 200ft longwire w/ICE-180
MFJ-1048 preselector
SoundBlstr Live PC card w/five piece Cambridge
speakers & full software mixer/eq.

"Don Forsling" wrote in message

et...

Old August 6th 03, 05:23 AM
Robert Jeffares

You're listening live and direct.
9580 is always good. Probably the right combination of antenna height
frequency etc etc

Robert

Old August 6th 03, 10:07 AM
starman

Robert Jeffares wrote:

You're listening live and direct.
9580 is always good. Probably the right combination of antenna height
frequency etc etc

It's really just a coincidence that 9580 has such a strong signal to NA.
That frequency has always been mainly intended for the South Pacific,
where it's early evening there. RA has been using 9580 for more than
30-years. They have also used it at other times of the day but it
doesn't propagate well to NA then. A while back they used 11800 in
parallel with 9580 in the NA morning. 11800 also had a very good signal
and could be heard later in the morning because of the higher frequency.