Old August 6th 03, 06:56 PM
Warpcore

Default DX 394 audio question

I am using a pair of Sony boom box speakers for audio output, since the
built in speaker produces really lousy sound (no amplification). I have read
that a capacitor across the audio output can help. What value or value range
should I use, and what type capacitor ? TIA

Old August 6th 03, 10:29 PM
The Dawn Soliloquy

http://inscoe.org/load.cgi?dx394
http://www.webdeals.net/dx394.htm

http://www.mods.dk/mods.php3?model=d...io=radio_shack

http://www.mods.dk/mods.php3?radio=r...ctid=1847#1847

etc.

Have fun, I had one of the DX-394s for some time, nice receiver. It had a
small problem with the display when I bought it, but I somehow managed to
disassemble the unit and clean the contact areas pertaining to the display and
actually reassembled it. Most surprisingly, it worked.

Regards.

In article et, "Warpcore"
wrote:
I am using a pair of Sony boom box speakers for audio output, since the
built in speaker produces really lousy sound (no amplification). I have read
that a capacitor across the audio output can help. What value or value range
should I use, and what type capacitor ? TIA

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.
Old August 6th 03, 11:40 PM
Warpcore

You are a scholar and a gentleman s: thanks. I like my little radio. I'd
like to have something even better, but that's in the future. Regards.

Old August 24th 03, 06:11 PM
Don

Replace C155, a 100 uf, with a 470 uf electrolytic capacitor.
This will enhance the lower audio frequencies. Of course you are
authorized to experiment for your own personal tastes. An
outboard amplifier and speakers may negate the need to do any
internal modifications!

--
Don
-

Old August 27th 03, 04:31 AM
Tom Holden

For more on mods to the DX-394, check out the 450 member Yahoo!Group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RADIOSHACKDX394/ .

73, Tom VE3MEO