Old August 9th 03, 11:23 PM
Bill

Default FS: Grundig Majestic Model 97 (1958)

For Sale: Grundig Majestic Model 97 dated 1958. Now I think this is
the model that Grundig based it's current solid-state reproduction on,
and you'll find advertised in some magazines. Shortwave frequency
range: 5.9 to 15.5 mhz as well as AM broadcast and FM. Volume and
tuning knobs. Push button tone, band and off switches. 6 sub-miniature
tubes.

The radio is in beautiful condition and works very well. It was given
a complete check and cap overhaul by Midwest Antique Radio Service.
However, I do believe he did not leave one of the audio tubes in the
tube tester long enough because the audio level does drop off over
time. Nothing that isn't easily corrected for $5 to $10 at a nearby
hamfest. (Or even from Antique Radio Supply in Tempe.)

Just too many radios around my home is the reason I'm selling.

Comes with schematic and SAMS photofact info. I will also toss in the
check lists from Midwest.

First $95 takes it. I will pay for shipping and insurance. Nice
classic/antique radio to add to any collection.

73, Bill - WA8MEA

1.517.563.2613
Old August 10th 03, 06:58 PM
WShoots1

Problem could also be a screen or cathode xistor increasing in value, or a
cathode bypass cap increasing in leakage. All in the audio stage(s, of course).

Bill, K5BY
Old August 10th 03, 11:53 PM
Bill

Well, since I mentioned Midwest did a cap overhaul. And along with
the cap overhaul they replaced other bad resistors, diodes and such
along the way, my FIRST try would be replacing the audio tube. In
fact, I would have totally re-tubed the thing myself had it not been
for the fact that it has Euro tubes in it, and I liked the idea of
keeping it as German as I could.

73, Bill

Old August 11th 03, 03:45 AM
WShoots1

Well, since I mentioned Midwest did a cap overhaul.

I read right through that. Sorry. And 'roger' all.

Unless they 'cooked' it before returning it, a slow changing resistor may not
show up

Also, I wonder if the B+ is decreasing? Sometimes a resistor instead of a choke
is used in a power supply's pi filter.

Also, if there is a C- source for an audio stage grid's bias, that voltage
DEcreasing may reduce gain. The stage will drop to a lower gain type A instead
of, say, a type AB1 amp.

Just some thoughts.

Bill. K5BY
Old September 1st 03, 09:09 AM
Igor Gros

Here is it:
http://www.mikesradio.freeservers.com/grundig_97.htm

BIG is beautiful SMALL is expensice.
73 de S57BIG
(Grundig Yacht boy 400 + Grundig Yacht boy 500)