Old August 30th 03, 06:02 PM

The movie was based on the novel of the same name by the British
writer Nevil Shute back in the 50's. He also wrote "A Town Like
Alice" which was also turned into a movie.

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:39:26 -0500, "MJC" wrote:

There was a great sci-fi movie in the late 50's called "On the Beach"
which told the story of a submarine crew that survived a worldwide nuclear
holocaust because they were out in the ocean under water.

MJC

"Warpcore" wrote in message
link.net...
I wish to apologise to Australians. In a reply to a recent post here, I

said
that "Waltzing Matilda" was the national anthem of Australia. A reply
corrected my ignorance. I honestly thought it was - I've thought that it

was
all my life. Anyway, I love the song, and hold Australia in high regard,

so
I was somewhat mortified to read of my error.

Thanks