Old August 25th 03, 11:43 PM
Michael

Default Degen DE1101 ???

Hiya....

I've seen this radio for sale on e-bay a few times for about $55.00 US. As
of right now, as far as what I could find in he way of information, this
Chinese manufactured radio has not been marketed in the US yet. The ones
I've seen on e-bay have all been the Chinese version, although I've seen
what will be/is the US version in a few web articles, the DE1102.

I read all the articles I could find on the radio, and looked at the radio's
features. For the money, it looks to be quite a good buy. If it had SSB
capabilities, I'd pick one up off of e-bay, Chinese markings and manuals not
withstanding.

Has anyone ever seen/used this radio ???

I'd love to get some input from any one that has used it.

http://www.degen.com.cn/english/product_1101.html

http://www.degen.com.cn/images/1102_big.jpg

--
Respectfully,

Michael

Home Page: http://md_dxing.tripod.com/
Northern NJ
R75 w/DSP, Kiwa agc/sync & audio mods
G5RV & 200ft longwire w/ICE-180
MFJ-1048 preselector
SoundBlstr Live PC card w/five piece Cambridge
speakers & full software mixer/eq.

Old August 27th 03, 02:32 AM
Daniel Rosenzweig

You could ask them, but it has already been confirmed that the 1102
will have USB, more memory and 9/10 kHz MW switch - as opposed to the
fixed 9/China version 10/US version of the 1101. (Although, rumours
have it that they may have a switchable 1101 eventually.)

Info from www.radiointel.com, www.passband.com and contacting Kaito...

"Michael" wrote in message t...
Thanx... I see that the 1101 is now selling in the "US" version.

I sent an e-mail asking the retailer about the 1102's availability and if it
will have SSB.

Regardless, the 1101 looks great for the money. I think the 1101 has a
better layout and a much better display then the 1102. I wish the 1101 had
SSB.

--
Respectfully,

Michael

Home Page: http://md_dxing.tripod.com/
Northern NJ
R75 w/DSP, Kiwa agc/sync & audio mods
G5RV & 200ft longwire w/ICE-180
MFJ-1048 preselector
SoundBlstr Live PC card w/five piece Cambridge
speakers & full software mixer/eq.

"Daniel Rosenzweig" wrote in message
om...
Take a look at this thread - the 1102 should be out a month after the
1101..
It'll include SSB.:

Old August 27th 03, 11:50 AM
Daniel Rosenzweig

That's a change - three weeks ago they told me 1 month after the
release of the 1101... Also, the 1101 only has 5 kHz SW steps...

"Michael" wrote in message t...
Their reply was that the 1102 won't be available for several mnths if at
all.

Old August 27th 03, 11:53 PM
Michael

I wonder what the actuality of it is now as far as availability. The rep at
Radios4U advised me via e-mail that the KA1102 may never materialize at all,
and if it does, it won't be for many months. The KA1101 will be on the
shelf some time in September.

I think I'm going to buy the 1101 when it is available. I don't have a good
portable. I also like the idea that it comes with goodies like an AC
adapter, an external antenna and best of all, rechargeable batteries that
recharge right in the radio.

Old August 28th 03, 03:38 AM
Daniel Rosenzweig

Interestingly, the DE1102 is on Degen's Chinese (language) site, but
not English (China) site...
The radio controls are in English
http://www.degen.com.cn/product/1102.htm

As previously mentioned, it is 9/10 kHz MW switchable (you can see
that within the Chinese)... so I wouldn't be surprised if you start
seeing the DE1102 on Ebay, even if the KA1102 is never distributed...
I don't see a mention of adaptor voltage (looking for numbers in the
text).

Size 143*88*28.5mm

Old September 5th 03, 04:00 AM
Daniel Rosenzweig

A followup on the release dates of the KA-1101 and KA-1102

From Kaito:

"Thanks !The shipment was delayed, so Iexpect its avrrival around 20th
of
this Month. The KA1102 sample will be ready soon , the same time ."

The sample, I gather, is a sample for them to test... not when they
will be distributing the 1102.

From Radios4you:
"1101 Oct 1 probable
1102 Jan 1 possible"

FT: Degen 1103 DeWayne Scanner 4 December 6th 04 07:21 PM
Degen Designs Antennas G&R Antenna 0 June 24th 04 02:51 AM
degen BBQ lobe ? Thierry Antenna 4 March 22nd 04 06:49 AM
Degen Designs Update G&R Antenna 0 March 4th 04 02:39 AM
() Degen shortwave radios from China Daniel Rosenzweig Shortwave 7 August 5th 03 10:51 AM