Old August 28th 03, 04:27 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

As long as it is Christianity, then it is totally okay eh???

Ryan

"craigm" wrote in message
They are just exercising their first Amendment rights. Something clueless
Lloyd obviously hasn't read so I include it here.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,
or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the government for a redress of grievances.

"Tim K" wrote in message
What does this have to do with Shortwave??

"Daviesl2003" wrote in message
Right now. They are trying to remove the 10 Commandments. God is the

basis of
society. Let me try to explain.

The REASON Given for not allowing the Ten Commandment Memorial is the
Separation of Church and State. Anyone can find a copy of the

Constitution and
read it . YOUR WILL NEVER EVEN FIND SUCH A PHRASE ALLUDED TO WITHIN

ITS
PAGES!!! The ONLY place it was ever mentioned was in a personal

letter
written
by Thomas Jefferson while in France to a friend in the United States

with
the
EXACT OPPOSITE meaning to what the Freemasonic Judges have stated.

How
could a
personal letter to a friend and its contents have anything to do with

the
meaning of the Constitution?

Our forefathers fled from Europe because of religious persecution

by
the
Catholic Church and the Church of England. Our Founding Fathers

established a
Christian nation. They did not want to allow just ONE church

denomination
gain full power, and thus the power to PERSECUTE. They never intended

separate the government from God, the schools from God, the churches

from
God,
public buildings from God, etc. THEY ONLY WANTED TO PREVENT ONE

CHURCH
FROM
GAINING ALL POWER AND CREATED ANOTHER HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE THAT KILLED

ALL
DISSENTERS. They wanted the nation to be Christian and free to

worship
as
they
thought was right WITHOUT the Pope telling them differently.

Again, God's law has been broken. God is crying today. Don't give me

this
crap about God. God will hold each and every one of you in as much

contempt
as God will hold the judges who made this decision. Alot of

Christains
are
getting fed up with all this bullcarp, and they are starting to wake

up
and do
something. Is the event that will cause that? Time will tell

Lloyd Davies - Time Lord and Talk show host
"On the Domestic Front"
http://nitepirate66.tripod.com/domesticfront/index.htm

Old August 28th 03, 06:16 AM
Pallr4

"Daviesl2003" wrote in message

Again, God's law has been broken. God is crying today.

You don't know G-d from your ass and a hole-in-the-ground.

Don't give me this crap about God. God will hold each
and every one of you in as much contempt
as God will hold the judges who made this decision.

Contempt......?

Let's see what Jefferson had to say on the topic:

"To suffer the civil magistrate (Judges and Judiciary) to intrude
his powers into the field of opinion and to restrain the profession
or propagation of principles on supposition of their ill tendency
is a dangerous fallacy which at once destroys all religious
liberty, because he being of course judge of that tendency
will make his opinions the rule of judgment and approve
or condemn the sentiments of others only as they shall
square with or differ from his own."
--Thomas Jefferson: Statute for Religious Freedom, 1779. ME 2:302, Papers 2: 546

"I never will, by any word or act, bow to the shrine
of intolerance or admit a right of inquiry into the
religious opinions of others." --Thomas Jefferson to
Edward Dowse, 1803. ME 10:378

"Our particular principles of religion are a subject of
accountability to God alone. I inquire after no
man's, and trouble none with mine." --Thomas
Jefferson to Miles King, 1814. ME 14:198

(SOUNDS LIKE TO ME THAT JEFFERSON WOULD
HOLD *MUCH CONTEMPT* FOR ANY "CIVIL
MAGISTRATE" WHO MANAGED TO ERRECT A
MONUMENT TO A SET OF [ANY] RELIGIOUS
BYLAWS IN ANY GOVERNMENTAL ESTABLISHMENT!)

Alot of Christains are
getting fed up with all this bullcarp, and they are starting to wake up and do
something. Is the event that will cause that? Time will tell

You mean like that *jackass* I saw in the plaid shirt
and sunglasses who paraded around making a complete
asshole of himself on Nationwide Cable TV? (at first
Lloyd I thought that was you, but when I didn't see a
goofy ballcap with an antenna on top, I knew it wasn't
moi...... ; )

Lloyd Davies - Time Lord and Talk show host
"On the Domestic Front"
http://nitepirate66.tripod.com/domesticfront/index.htm

All you are doing Lloyd, is using this event in Alabama
to grandstand and draw attention to yourself, just like
another screwball we all know does every weekend
on 14.313 Why don't you get on there and make an
ass of yourself like the usual gang-of-moe'rons does?
You'd be a very welcome addition and would re-establish
14.313 as ham radio's primary Comedy Channel, as like it
was when Herb, Mike & Judy were holding court on the same....

Old August 28th 03, 11:25 AM
Hte Trasme

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 01:32:25 -0400, "Pallr4"
wrote:

(He's also the only Founding Father pictured on TWO
pieces of US Currency - the 5 Cent Coin and the $2 Bill)

See: http://money.cnn.com/2003/06/12/pf/b.../new_two_bill/

So is it the quarter or the one dollar bill that actually has a
picture of someone apart from George Washington on it?

--
Hte Trasme, ICQ# 53665012
"The authorities of Berlin in honour of the Emperor considered it no sin,
Old August 28th 03, 02:32 PM
Frank White

In article ,
says...

[...]

denomination to
[...]

A) This has jack-all to do with shortwave. Stay on topic or get
off the newsgroup.

B) Stop worshipping graven images.

C) If you are so intimate with God you know when He/She is
crying, become a Prophet for Profit yourself and take it on
the road.

You know, Lloyd, you continue to really disappoint me. Some
days you seem rational and intelligent, and other days you
spew out mindless trash like this...

FW

Old August 28th 03, 07:45 PM
Pallr4

wrote:

(He's also the only Founding Father pictured on TWO
pieces of US Currency - the 5 Cent Coin and the $2 Bill)

See: http://money.cnn.com/2003/06/12/pf/b.../new_two_bill/

So is it the quarter or the one dollar bill that actually has a
picture of someone apart from George Washington on it?

I stand correct H.T.
Looks like that Asian food I had last
evening played a bit with my short-term
currency facts. Oh well.

Old August 29th 03, 12:29 AM
Diverd4777

In article , "Pallr4"
writes:

N O T H I N G

to do with shortwave...

Old August 29th 03, 01:28 AM
Hte Trasme

wrote:

(He's also the only Founding Father pictured on TWO
pieces of US Currency - the 5 Cent Coin and the $2 Bill)

See: http://money.cnn.com/2003/06/12/pf/b.../new_two_bill/

So is it the quarter or the one dollar bill that actually has a
picture of someone apart from George Washington on it?

I stand correct H.T.
Looks like that Asian food I had last
evening played a bit with my short-term
currency facts. Oh well.

Not a problem-- and your Jeffersonian quotations were very
well-selected, I might add.

Old August 29th 03, 03:08 AM
Ross Archer

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote:

I have no problem with that representation of one faith being presented as
long as ALL OTHER faiths are allowed to place items representative of those
faiths, on publically owned properties as well. THERE IS more than one
religion.....

Ryan

Yes, true enough, but how many different religions would
demand a token presence in the Courtrooms once any religion
is so recognized? You could not easily refuse any of them
once you establish the right of religions to put their
symbols on public property. If my religion worships Cacti,
Fresh Air, and Unicorns as gods, what objective means would
disqualify me from the right to promote my beliefs if
Christians get to do so with theirs? Fairness says, if you
put any religious symbol in the public sphere, then every
other religion has a right to demand the same consideration.
What a mess!

BUT your hard-core Christian fundamentalists who prattle on
about "religious freedom" would be first to scream like
stuck pigs the second something from Voudoin ("Voodoo") or
Wicca, or just about any religion very far outside theirs,
were introduced into that same public setting as the Ten
Commandments were. All of a sudden, it would be
state-sponsored Satanism (or somesuch noxious idiocy as
that.)

This proves these Christian Fundy sorts care nothing of
religious freedom. They're in fact *Christian
Supremacists*, bent on forcing their very narrow views and
beliefs on an entire culture, and not only don't they
respect other viewpoints, but in my experience they're
resistant to almost all logic and reason as well. (Facts
disprove their views, like their 6000 year old Earth that's
over 4.5 billion years old, etc., so this should not be
surprising.)

Studies have shown the strong link between
Fascism/Authoritarianism and fundamentalist Christianity.
These are NOT people who in any sense should hold political
power.

Which is why they are dangerous and do not deserve serious
consideration from reasonable individuals.

So the logical solution is, no religions in
publically-funded spaces.

In my humble opinion.

-- Ross

"Tom Ellison" wrote in message
Dear Lloyd:

I will choose not to respond to this issue regarding legal and
constitutional issues.

However, there are some important spiritual issues involved that have
escaped the news media and, unfortunately, most professing Christians.

The Ten Commandments are found in the Bible, and are rare among the words

of
scripture. Nearly all of scripture was written by men (under inspiration)
but the Ten Commandments are a great exception. This portion of scripture
was written by the hand of God.

Anyone who has read the Ten Commandments in the Bible and was paying
attention when they did so will readily recognize that the words cut into

rock down in Alabama do not match scripture. They have been severely
edited.

Who, I wonder, would have the temerity to edit the very words of God? Why
would they do so? It must be presumed that such a person believes they

have
somehow improved on what God wrote, otherwise why would they do so.

I tremble to think how He reacts to this issue.

It is also not too remarkable that the phrases that were edited from this
monument include instructions from God which professing American

Christians
despise and refuse to keep.

It is not the inroads of secularism that threaten our people, but the
somnambulance of true Christians. The issue should not be whether
Christians are allowed to display their principles in public, but whether
those principles are grounded in the truth of His Word.
--
Tom Ellison

Old August 29th 03, 04:23 AM
Pallr4

"Diverd4777" wrote in message
In article , "Pallr4"
writes:

N O T H I N G

to do with shortwave...

It may be wiser to address your comments to the
original prevaricator of the thread in question. : )

Will

Old August 29th 03, 01:22 PM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Either access to ALL religions or no religions being representatives are the
TWO ONLY options in my book.

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)