Old August 31st 03, 01:48 AM
Al Patrick

Default Newbie ask advices for shortwave "sailing" radio

If you're using it on the water a lot, especially SALT water, you might
want to consider how you'll keep the moisture out. I'd probably check
at some place that specializes in marine radios. They can probably
recommend a shortwave radio especially designed for that use.

Al

=================

dld wrote:

Hello everyone...

I am looking for a SW receiver for my sailing boat for meteo
forecastings and warning... and World radio for fun
I am sailing in Mediterranean sea and Atlantique.
I'd prefer a portable radio.
I own for twelve years a Sony icf sw 7600 with 5 KHtz tuning
resolution and it is not a precise tuning.
I am waiting with a huge interest your advices.
Many thanks

Dom

Old September 9th 03, 07:23 AM
Blue

Is there much weather information available for sailing these days ?
I've checked the web for frequencies around Gulf of Thailand and to date
haven't been successful.
Most information is caught of the satellites, which isn't good if you are
travelling light.

Blue