Old September 10th 03, 07:33 PM
Randy Padawer

Default SCARY MYSTERY -- who is this on 15.385 @ 1800z Wednesday?

Today I scanned across 19m and heard some really scary evanglist types
on 15.385 MHz -- it was just after 1800 GMT, Wednesday, September 10,
2003. Here's an excerpt:

"If your hand or foot causes you to sin,
cut it off and throw it away.
It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled
than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire."

"And if your eye causes you to sin,
gouge it out and throw it away.
It is better for you to enter into life with one eye
than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell."

Another verse I don't even want to directly quote -- the gist of it
was that it would be better for a child to have a millstone put around
his neck and drowned than to witness someone else sinning. I sure
hope we don't hear about these people on CNN one day, but I imagine
nevertheless that some of the religious-based murders we sometimes
hear are grounded in beliefs like this.

Anybody know what group originates this incredible doggerel?

Randy (WA4FJF)
Old September 10th 03, 07:54 PM
Gray Shockley

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:33:00 -0500, Randy Padawer wrote
(in message ) :

Today I scanned across 19m and heard some really scary evanglist types
on 15.385 MHz -- it was just after 1800 GMT, Wednesday, September 10,
2003. Here's an excerpt:

It may be KJES, a station on which I have no information (and would
appreciate some). Appears to be in the Southwest USA.

Gray

Old September 10th 03, 08:02 PM
Frank Dresser

"Randy Padawer" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Awww, Randy, are you trollin'? This is standard Gospel stuff. Here's a
quote from Matthew:

Matthew 18
1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the
greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of
them,
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as
little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same
is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it
were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he
were drowned in the depth of the sea.
7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that
offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

Such is the miracle of cut and paste. The same language is in a couple of
other Books as well.

Frank Dresser

Old September 10th 03, 08:11 PM
Mark S. Holden

Randy Padawer wrote:

[...]

Hi

On this web site you can enter a frequency and see who broadcasts on it:

http://hfradio.org/swbc/

I fed in your frequency and found nobody listed as broadcasting between 18 and 19 gmt, but I'm guessing your broadcast was from these guys:

http://www.awr.org/

There's also a listing for Islamic Republic of Iran broadcasting on that frequency, but it's earlier in the day.
Old September 10th 03, 08:25 PM
--exray--

Gray Shockley wrote:

It may be KJES, a station on which I have no information (and would
appreciate some). Appears to be in the Southwest USA.

Gray

KJES (Jesus-Eternal-Saviour) transmits from Vado, NM (nr. Las Cruces).
One 50kw xmtr on 7.555, 11.715, 15.385 since 1992. Erratic schedule.
QSL to: The Lord's Ranch, PO Box 300, Mesquite, NM 88048.

Owner: Our Lord's Ranch, 230 High Valley Rd., Vado NM 88072. (505)
233-2090, fax 233-3019. Michael Reuter, g.m. Fr. Rick Thomas SJ, pres.

-exray

Old September 10th 03, 08:26 PM
Kent

KJES
The Lords Ranch
Mesquite, MN 88048

50kW

Old September 10th 03, 08:33 PM
--exray--

Kent wrote:
Email....

And the FCC...
http://www.fcc.gov/ib/sand/neg/hf_web/xkjes5.txt
(note that this is 1992-1999 info)

Old September 10th 03, 08:37 PM
--exray--

--exray-- wrote:
Kent wrote:

Email....

And the FCC...
http://www.fcc.gov/ib/sand/neg/hf_web/xkjes5.txt
(note that this is 1992-1999 info)

And their authorized times and target zones...
http://ftp.fcc.gov/ib/sand/neg/hf_web/hfff0w02.txt

Old September 10th 03, 08:49 PM
Frank Dresser

"Gray Shockley" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:33:00 -0500, Randy Padawer wrote
(in message ) :

Today I scanned across 19m and heard some really scary evanglist types
on 15.385 MHz -- it was just after 1800 GMT, Wednesday, September 10,
2003. Here's an excerpt:

It may be KJES, a station on which I have no information (and would
appreciate some). Appears to be in the Southwest USA.

Gray

Glenn Hauser has mentioned KJES in a few DX Listening Digests:

http://www.dxing.com/dxr/dxld2140.htm

"* U S A. LITTLE KNOWN KJES IN VADO, NEW MEXICO, IS FIRST U.S.
CATHOLIC SHORTWAVE STATION'

"By Dr. Hansjeorg Biener. From his Medien Aktuell: Kirche im Rundfunk,
February 2002. © Copyright 2002 and reprinted with permission."

"Vado, New Mexico (Medien Aktuell) -- At the end of 1989 and beginning
of 1990, North American shortwave fans notice the first test
transmissions of station KJES Missionary Radio Evangelism originating
from a ranch operated by a Catholic priest for rehabilitating youth.
In an interview he spoke of having two 50,000-watt shortwave
transmitters, but that did not happen. On the contrary, the
transmissions from the used transmitters were sporadic and did not
happen regularly until 1992. The programs are essentially prayers,
hymns, and readings."

"KJES maintains an unvarying programming and frequency schedule, summer
season and winter season, year after year. All times are UT, world
time, same as London, which is six hours ahead of New York time (five
in summer daylight saving time). [make that 5 and 4, respectively, but
how is New York relevant in this??? -- gh]"

0200-0300 7555 kHz English to western Canada
0300-0330 7555 kHz English to central Canada

1400-1500 11715 kHz English to eastern Canada
1500-1600 11715 kHz English to western Canada
1600-1700 11715 kHz Spanish to Mexico

1900-2000 15385 kHz English to Australia
2000-2100 15385 kHz Spanish to Puerto Rico

"Database: Las Cruces: KJES shortwave. Service to North America and
Australia and the Pacific in English; Mexico, South America, and
Puerto Rico in Spanish. (One 50,000-watt transmitter). Format: Recited
psalms and prayers. Owner: Our Lord's Ranch, 230 High Valley Rd., Vado
NM 88072. (505) 233-2090, fax 233-3019. Michael Reuter, g.m. Fr. Rick
Thomas SJ, pres. See also El Paso, Tex. Founded about 1992. (In the
Diocese of Las Cruces) (Catholic Radio Update Sept 9 via DXLD)"

"KJES is run primarily for the benefit, it seems to me, of the young
people recovering from tough times in life, and serves Canada and
Australia in English and Mexico and Puerto Rico in Spanish a few hours
a day (Michael Dorner, CRU via DXLD) Do they really say PR is the
target? Why be so specific when, e.g., Florida, Cuba and D.R. are in
the same direxion? (gh, DXLD)"

About 10 years ago, Glenn Hauser said he was in the Vado area and decided to
make an unannounced visit to the KJES transmitter site. It was deserted at
the time. I suppose it's a real shoestring operation.

Frank Dresser