Old September 17th 03, 10:44 PM
N8KDV

Default New QSL Received

Today I received a QSL from Radio Tanzania. This was for a reception on
January 19, 1993! This in one month after a f/up report, v/s N.
Nyamwocha. I had enclosed $1.00 for return postage.

My 51st African country QSL'd and 216th country QSL'd

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8, R8B and Yaesu FRG-7700.

Old September 17th 03, 10:49 PM
Caveat Lector

216 SWl countries -- very impressive really

why not try Ham radio QSLing is a lot faster

--
73 From The Signal In The Noise
Caveat Lector Ya All

Old September 17th 03, 10:51 PM
N8KDV

Caveat Lector wrote:

216 SWl countries -- very impressive really

why not try Ham radio QSLing is a lot faster

But hardly as rewarding ;-)

Old September 17th 03, 11:22 PM
Warpcore

You must be a good writer s ! Congratulations I have a piece of foam
board that I taped a world map onto, and have a pin in every country I have
dx'd over many year. There's a lot of pins g. However, I haven't QSL'd
anyone since high school - that was Israel. Best Wishes.

Old September 18th 03, 01:05 AM
Diverd4777

Neither Rain Nor Snow Nor Gloom Of Night
or Armed Revolution..

- Congratulations !!

Dan

-

Old September 18th 03, 01:19 AM
Rein Wiehler

N8KDV wrote:
Today I received a QSL from Radio Tanzania. This was for a reception on
January 19, 1993! This in one month after a f/up report, v/s N.
Nyamwocha. I had enclosed $1.00 for return postage.

My 51st African country QSL'd and 216th country QSL'd

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8, R8B and Yaesu FRG-7700.

what do you expect? These guys must have had some extra money in the
pot. I used to live there for e few years.
rw

Old September 18th 03, 01:25 AM
N8KDV

Rein Wiehler wrote:

N8KDV wrote:
Today I received a QSL from Radio Tanzania. This was for a reception on
January 19, 1993! This in one month after a f/up report, v/s N.
Nyamwocha. I had enclosed $1.00 for return postage.

My 51st African country QSL'd and 216th country QSL'd

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8, R8B and Yaesu FRG-7700.

what do you expect? These guys must have had some extra money in the
pot. I used to live there for e few years.
rw

Nah, what they apparently have is a nice fellow there who is kind enough to
start answering reports for us poor hobbyists!

He's been sending out QSL's to the deserving for a few months now. Mostly it
seems for reports that are many years old, as mine was.

Old September 19th 03, 09:16 PM
frank halaburak

Nice job Steve, how long have you been a SWL ?
Frank,
Montreal,Canada

Old September 19th 03, 11:09 PM
frank halaburak

I got 1 from Luxemburg 1 yr. after sending in a reception report and I
thought that was long!
"-=jd=-" a écrit dans le message de
3...
Dateline "rec.radio.shortwave", Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:44:30 GMT: As it
appeared in message-ID# , N8KDV
appears to have written the following...

Today I received a QSL from Radio Tanzania. This was for a reception on
January 19, 1993! This in one month after a f/up report, v/s N.
Nyamwocha. I had enclosed $1.00 for return postage.

My 51st African country QSL'd and 216th country QSL'd

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8, R8B and Yaesu FRG-7700.

Am I reading this correctly? You've just now received a QSL for a

reception
report sent in 1993... as in, 10 years ago?

Dude!

-=jd=-
--
My Current Disposable Email:

(Remove YOUR HAT to reply directly)

Old September 20th 03, 02:48 AM
N8KDV

frank halaburak wrote:

Nice job Steve, how long have you been a SWL ?
Frank,
Montreal,Canada

I started SWL'ing in 1966-67 when my father and I built a Knight-Kit Star
Roamer. I never really got into the hobby to deeply then.

I really got into the hobby in 1981-82 when I was off from school for
Christmas break and looking for something to do I got the old Knight-Kit out.
One thing led to another and I purchased a Yaesu FRG-7700 in March of '82.
The rest is history I guess!

It took me about 12 years to get 200 countries QSL'd, the last 9 years I
haven't made much progress as I think I slacked off a bit! We'll see if I can
pry a few more outta the system this season.

Steve
Holland, MI

"N8KDV" a écrit dans le message de
Today I received a QSL from Radio Tanzania. This was for a reception on
January 19, 1993! This in one month after a f/up report, v/s N.
Nyamwocha. I had enclosed $1.00 for return postage.

My 51st African country QSL'd and 216th country QSL'd

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8, R8B and Yaesu FRG-7700.

Received my new BC898-T scanner today! Troy R. Scanner 1 August 6th 04 11:41 AM
Radio Canada International QSL received Stephen Newlyn Shortwave 0 September 15th 03 08:20 AM
QSL Received N8KDV Shortwave 6 September 9th 03 05:02 AM
Radio Prague QSL received Stephen Newlyn Shortwave 1 August 14th 03 10:27 AM
QSL received N8KDV Shortwave 5 July 16th 03 04:56 AM