Old September 22nd 03, 03:40 PM
David

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3136860#detailed

http://www2.oregonscientific.com/exactset/rm982a.html

Not only 24 hours, but WWVB controlled.

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:09:07 -0600, "Benjamaniac"
wrote:

Does anybody know if any company makes a 24 UTC clock...say about the
size of a regular alarm clock ?? I'd like to find one that I could just sit
on the shelf to take a look at when I'm SWLing.
Thanks,
Ben

Old September 22nd 03, 10:29 PM
yachtboy!

wrote:

Does anybody know if any company makes a 24 UTC clock...say about the
size of a regular alarm clock ?? I'd like to find one that I could just sit
on the shelf to take a look at when I'm SWLing.
Thanks,
Ben

What's strange is, our local grocery store had a 24 hour clock on sale 2
years ago, for something like us$10.00.
It's digital, and has a 12/24 hour switch. I bought 2.
It also has a digital thrmometer, as well as a calendar and alarm.
I can't find a name on it, it just says "Jumbo wall clock".
The whole thing is about 7.25x11.25 inches,with the clock read out alne
being 2.25x5.25 inches, it is very readable from across the room.

==========
"Being diabetic is alot like having an un-invited
guest at a picnic, who keeps pointing out the potato
salad may have gone bad."--W.B. Willis

"Destiny has a strange sense of humor..." K. Honeycutt
----------
http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe
http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe/psychedelic.htm
http://www.geocities.com/swl_yb400pe/slinkypage.html

"He not busy being born is busy dying..." B. Dylan

=======================
Old September 23rd 03, 02:13 AM
Harry

Take a look here
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?catid=135

Old September 23rd 03, 03:57 AM
tommyknocker

Tony Meloche wrote:

" wrote:

Benjamaniac wrote:

Does anybody know if any company makes a 24 UTC clock...say about the
size of a regular alarm clock ?? I'd like to find one that I could just sit
on the shelf to take a look at when I'm SWLing.
Thanks,
Ben

EBay is a great place to find one of these. Mine is a foot-wide analog
by MFJ that I got (barely) used for ten bucks. Runs forever on an AA
battery, and is very accurate. If you're willing to part with some coin
and do a little rigging, you can frequently find ones from old Navy
destroyers and the like - very cool.

I've seen old Heathkit radio controlled clocks-a geek friend of mine has
one in his computer room-but those don't show UTC. Atomic Time
(atomictime.com) makes a double display time clock, set one side to your
time and the other to UTC. I have one, but there's no way to stop one
side from switching to DST, so it's off by an hour half the year on UTC.
Still, it was the only radio controlled clock I could find that can show
UTC.

Old September 23rd 03, 03:58 AM
tommyknocker

Spurious Noise wrote:

MFJ-113 12/24 Hour Desk Clock -- AC power and a 9 volt battery backup

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...prodid=MFJ-113

Mine developed a short in the power cord after a while-jiggle it the
wrong way and it goes back to 000.

Old September 23rd 03, 10:43 PM
Leigh

"Benjamaniac" wrote in
:

Does anybody know if any company makes a 24 UTC clock...say about
the
size of a regular alarm clock ?? I'd like to find one that I could
just sit on the shelf to take a look at when I'm SWLing.
Thanks,
Ben

Get a program for your PC that locks the Windows Clock to an Internet one
then get a clock package displayed on the screen.

Simple and cheaper!
Old September 27th 03, 06:06 AM
Don

Tony Meloche wrote:

I've seen old Heathkit radio controlled clocks-a geek friend of mine has
one in his computer room-but those don't show UTC.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt! The "old" Heathkit Most Accurate
Clock GC-1000 will show UTC. There is even a switch for that as
well as 12/24 and daylight savings in any of 23 time zones that
can reliably pick up WWV/H on 5/10/15 mHz. Mine has been running
since 2/1986. Soapbox off mode.
--
Don
-

Old September 27th 03, 06:11 AM
Tony Meloche

Don wrote:

Tony Meloche wrote:

I've seen old Heathkit radio controlled clocks-a geek friend of mine has
one in his computer room-but those don't show UTC.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt! The "old" Heathkit Most Accurate
Clock GC-1000 will show UTC. There is even a switch for that as
well as 12/24 and daylight savings in any of 23 time zones that
can reliably pick up WWV/H on 5/10/15 mHz. Mine has been running
since 2/1986. Soapbox off mode.
--
Don
-
--
CAKE001 CASF024 CA6CYF KHN3161 WA6004SWL
N33d42m W117d59m DM13AQ UTC -7 hrs

For the record, I do not know who made the post about the Heathkit
clock - but it wasn't me (as it appears in this post).

Tony Meloche

Old September 27th 03, 06:28 PM
Yourfatassaunt

MFJ makes a nice one. 2 clocks, one
for UTC & the second for local, mars or venus.....