Old September 26th 03, 10:52 PM
Larry Ozarow

By the way, in support of the recommendation of Mozilla,
Mozilla has a junk filter tool that really works. I set
it up to put junk mail into a separate folder that I can
look over to check for false positives and then either
empty out manually or I can set Mozilla itself to toss
junk mail after as many days as I want to set it for.

After training the filter on a few initial samples, it has
been flawless. I haven't found any swen postings in my Inbox
for the last few days, with well over a hundred tossed
into the Junk folder.

Diverd4777 wrote:
Stacey,

Thanks for the advice..

Dan

I recomend mozilla. Free download and works identical for all purposes
except it's not a virus magnet. Even has an import utility which after you
use and find everything working I would UNINSTALL outlook express
altogether. BTW after you use the web browser, you might give up on IE as
well! It's a shame you can't uninstall IE as well but MS made sure you
couldn't do that..

--

Stacey

Old September 30th 03, 09:22 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

If your ISP has some form of a html email browser (the same way you would
access a yahoo or hotmail email account), then just go in and delete them
there before downloading them into your email reading program. That's my
solution at this point so far.......

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)
"Randylands" wrote in message
Man, I thought I had it bad getting a dozen or so of these daily.... Some

of
you guys are getting in the hundreds per day.... Its a real pain getting

this
crap..... And AOL is No help what so ever..... Im going to try Mailwasher

and
see if it helps..... Thanks, Randy.....

Old September 30th 03, 01:49 PM
Soliloquy

I have been using this program for sometime. Try it.
http://www.mailwasher.net

Also try he http://www.refdesk.com/anti.html

Regards

Old October 1st 03, 05:29 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Thats fine, but still deleting the messages at the server is working for me.
If my ISP would support such corrective actions at their end, that would be
even better. At least as long as the attacks are affecting me, this will
work for now.

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)

Old October 2nd 03, 12:28 AM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

Unfortunately, that won't work for the prisoners of Earthstink.
After deleting, I get "Cannot find server" messages. And this after
a couple weeks of bitching.

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote in message
| If your ISP has some form of a html email browser (the same way you would
| access a yahoo or hotmail email account), then just go in and delete them
| there before downloading them into your email reading program. That's my
| solution at this point so far.......
|

| --
| Ryan, KC8PMX
| FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)
| --. --- -.. ... .- -. --. . .-.. ... .- .-. . ..-. .. .-. . ..-.
| .. --. .... - . .-. ...
| "Randylands" wrote in message
| Man, I thought I had it bad getting a dozen or so of these daily....
Some
| of
| you guys are getting in the hundreds per day.... Its a real pain
getting
| this
| crap..... And AOL is No help what so ever..... Im going to try
Mailwasher
| and
| see if it helps..... Thanks, Randy.....

---

Old October 2nd 03, 04:53 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Thank god the attack has slowed to around only about 100 per day now..... I
would love to find the asshole who made that virus!!!

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)
Unfortunately, that won't work for the prisoners of Earthstink.
After deleting, I get "Cannot find server" messages. And this after
a couple weeks of bitching.

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote in message
| If your ISP has some form of a html email browser (the same way you

would
| access a yahoo or hotmail email account), then just go in and delete

them
| there before downloading them into your email reading program. That's

my
| solution at this point so far.......
|

| --
| Ryan, KC8PMX
| FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)
| --. --- -.. ... .- -. --. . .-.. ... .- .-. . ..-. .. .-. . ..-.
| .. --. .... - . .-. ...
| "Randylands" wrote in message
| Man, I thought I had it bad getting a dozen or so of these daily....
Some
| of
| you guys are getting in the hundreds per day.... Its a real pain
getting
| this
| crap..... And AOL is No help what so ever..... Im going to try
Mailwasher
| and
| see if it helps..... Thanks, Randy.....

---