Old October 1st 03, 05:01 AM
WShoots1

Good luck, Dan, with your HDL and LDL.

After my late wife left blood with the vampire each month, we'd head for
another Denny's we liked and had roadie breakfasts. :-)

I got my cholesterol down to about range and then I learned that after age 70,
it didn't make any difference. :-) I have been eating eggs nearly every
morning of my life.

I suspect my smoking since age 15 will affect me more than fatty stuff does.

On topic: You might try plugging into a round hole in a wall socket in the
laundry and bike rooms.

I must admit that I first tried connecting my B&H before trying anything else.
I didn't think of touching the end of the jumper that would clip to the radio's
whip.

But my wrought iron chandeliers are supposed to be connected to the ac ground.
I have a meter I could have used to measure between the chandlier and the round
hole in the socket.

My old mobilehome is a metal box, but with just using a radio's whip, I get
pretty good SW reception. There's no metal in the double floor. That gives new
meaning to receiving ground waves.

Bill, K5BY
Old October 1st 03, 08:39 PM
AC Smith

I know you already bought but I'm looking he

http://radiointel.com/review-degende1102.htm
Old October 2nd 03, 04:54 AM
WShoots1

Hi, Dan,

If you burn it off working on a farm it's Just good for you !

I'd heard that lots of mental activity burns off a lot of calories and fat.
Unfortunately, mental activity isn't too helpful for the circulation,
especially in the limbs. Or the belly. :-(

made out of shipping containers stacked two high or what not. Most look
pretty darn good;

There is such in the next town down from me. Two containers stacked for the
house and a separate container for the shop and garage. They do look great,
with the paint used and the landscaping.

My trailer is an old but standard 12 by 65 footer, with aluminum siding and
steel roof. I wish the roof was aluminum, too.

Be well,
Bill, K5BY
Old October 2nd 03, 06:00 PM
Rambler

"Eric Ferguson" wrote in message m...
For a really good U/VHF antenna, I recommend a Diamond RH77CA, and the Rat
Shack antenna is collapsible.

Eric:
I took most of your advice and just got a used Yaesu VR-120 from
Universal Radio. I am emailing you to see if the RS antenna that you
speak about is the one I list here. It seems correct except that by
the description, it will only receive at 25-1300 MHz, which is above
the SW bands.
Am I looking at the wrong one?

Thanks.
Rambler

Center-Loaded Telescoping Whip Antenna
$13.49
Brand: RadioShack
Catalog #: 20-006
Model: 20-006

Old October 7th 03, 08:26 PM
Mike S.

In article ,
Eric Ferguson wrote:
You right, I DID forget the CW. Narrow AM is a MUST, both on AM and SW.

For anyone who doesn't know, here's how to input the NAM function:

Press and hold 0,3,5,9 while turning the radio on. That's it. When you go to
the menu pages, you'll find it there and you can turn it on and off at will.
Didn't mention it before, but there is a good FREE program out there that
will let you program the radio through your computer and adds NAM as well.

Are we talking about the VR-500 or 120 here?

I just tried this on my VR-500 and it does not seem to make NAM mode
appear when you step through the available choices using the MODE button.
Am I missing something?