Old September 25th 03, 09:57 PM
Diverd4777

Default Tsunami Warning for Japan

- BBC 12.095

-Earthquake in Japan, Tsunami Warnings..

( Still daylight there & in the Pacific Basin )

Dan

Old September 25th 03, 10:08 PM
Warpcore

http://wwwneic.cr.usgs.gov/neis/bulletin/

I;ve never seen a magnitude 8.0 anywhe yikes !

Old September 25th 03, 10:10 PM
Diverd4777

In article . net, "Warpcore"
writes:

http://wwwneic.cr.usgs.gov/neis/bulletin/

I;ve never seen a magnitude 8.0 anywhe yikes !

Uh oh.. look at this...

http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/cgi-bin...pl?id=20032682
1497119

Old September 25th 03, 10:14 PM
saki

"Warpcore" wrote in news:7PIcb.3584$NX3.1394
@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

http://wwwneic.cr.usgs.gov/neis/bulletin/

I;ve never seen a magnitude 8.0 anywhe yikes !

The 1964 Alaskan quake was originally measured at 8.5, later revised to
9.2. The resulting tsunami contributed to the death toll. Hope this current
one isn't anywhere near that bad.

----

Old September 25th 03, 10:50 PM
N8KDV

Diverd4777 wrote:

- BBC 12.095

-Earthquake in Japan, Tsunami Warnings..

( Still daylight there & in the Pacific Basin )

Still daylight cause it's Friday morning over there.

Dan

Old September 25th 03, 11:12 PM
Warpcore

USGS reports 8.0, but I have seen 7.8 as well. Neither figure is comforting
when it happened 20 miles deep. things would really be rocking and rolling.

Old September 25th 03, 11:16 PM
Burr

How about a working Japan Freq.

Old September 25th 03, 11:22 PM
N8KDV

http://www.eibi.de.vu/

Old September 25th 03, 11:45 PM
Diverd4777

In article , Burr
writes:

How about a working Japan Freq.

- You Understand Japanese ??

( Remembering " Godzilla " )

Dan
PS, hope it was just light damage...
Old September 25th 03, 11:49 PM
Gray Shockley

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:50:35 -0500, N8KDV wrote
(in message ):

Diverd4777 wrote:

- BBC 12.095

-Earthquake in Japan, Tsunami Warnings..

( Still daylight there & in the Pacific Basin )

Still daylight cause it's Friday morning over there.

Dan

Here's a story with a map on it:

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/09/25/quake030925

off google.news/world news.