Old September 29th 03, 07:59 PM
Frank Dresser

"CW" wrote in message
et...
I don't know if you remember but when cell phones first started appearing

on
the market, there was huge advertising campaigns to convince people they
needed one. Up that time, the majority of people valued their privacy and

cell phone destroyed that. That was also when they started trying to
convince everyone that life was so hectic and busy that you never had time
to do anything.

I've always regarded phones as an intrusive but necessary evil. I had a
hard time beliveing anybody would want to carry one of Satan's most
insidious inventions right on their person. Not only did they want the damn
thing, they thought it was wonderful! More proof of the end times, I
suppose. Don't know how Brother Stair missed that one.

Frank Dresser

Old September 29th 03, 08:44 PM
Kent

Well the cell phone industry has a new market... teens..and SUB teens.

"CW" wrote in message
et...
I don't know if you remember but when cell phones first started appearing

on
the market, there was huge advertising campaigns to convince people they
needed one. Up that time, the majority of people valued their privacy and

cell phone destroyed that. That was also when they started trying to
convince everyone that life was so hectic and busy that you never had time
to do anything.

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

.

Nah. The Cell Phone boom is over. Nearly everybody who wants a cell

phone
has one. We are now in the age of cheap, cheesy dsiposable electonics.
They should call themselves "RCA Shack".

Frank Dresser

Old September 29th 03, 11:04 PM
starman

Frank Dresser wrote:

"starman" wrote in message

The original manager at my local RS was trained in electronics in the
military. I used to enjoy talking 'shop' with him. He retired a few
years ago, so now it's an intellectual wasteland there. I don't think RS
really wants employees with electronics knowledge these days. It might
get in the way of pushing the cell phones. If the corporate clones at RS
were really honest about the current state of affairs in the company,
they would change the name to the 'Cell Phone Shack'.

Nah. The Cell Phone boom is over. Nearly everybody who wants a cell phone
has one. We are now in the age of cheap, cheesy dsiposable electonics.
They should call themselves "RCA Shack".

It's really a shame what happened to RCA. They used to be the worlds
premier electronic research company, perhaps with the inclusion of Ma
Bell. RCA invented the color television system (analog) we use today. A
little research on their patent record will give you an idea of what RCA
used to be.

Old September 29th 03, 11:07 PM
starman

CW wrote:

I don't know if you remember but when cell phones first started appearing on
the market, there was huge advertising campaigns to convince people they
needed one. Up that time, the majority of people valued their privacy and a
cell phone destroyed that. That was also when they started trying to
convince everyone that life was so hectic and busy that you never had time
to do anything.

I didn't see the phone booths occupied all the time before cell phones,
so I guess their marketing scheme worked.

I wonder... mike Shortwave 8 September 5th 03 04:38 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? Joe S. Shortwave 2 July 18th 03 04:50 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? Dxing Since 1957 Shortwave 0 July 4th 03 05:37 PM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? LLOYD DAVIES N0VFP General 0 July 4th 03 04:21 PM