Old October 1st 03, 01:25 AM
Jenni_is_a_Whore

Default Satellit 800 Synch Circut Problem

I've had my Sat. 800 since June and I've really enjoyed it and haven't had
any real issues or problems to speak of...until today. For some unknown
reason, the AM synch isn't working at all. When I turn it on, the damn
thing howls like a banshee and the broadcast sounds like I'm on the wrong
side of a SSB transmission. This happens on AC or batteries, whip or
outboard antenna, and on any AGC setting.

It was working fine last night. Does anybody know of any reason, other than
component failure, that might cause this?

BTW, I did my research before I bought this thing. The box is in the garage
just in case.

Old October 1st 03, 08:53 PM
AC Smith

"Jenni_is_a_Whore" wrote in message ...
I've had my Sat. 800 since June and I've really enjoyed it and haven't had
any real issues or problems to speak of...until today. For some unknown
reason, the AM synch isn't working at all. When I turn it on, the damn
thing howls like a banshee and the broadcast sounds like I'm on the wrong
side of a SSB transmission. This happens on AC or batteries, whip or
outboard antenna, and on any AGC setting.

It was working fine last night. Does anybody know of any reason, other than
component failure, that might cause this?

BTW, I did my research before I bought this thing. The box is in the garage
just in case.

Hi, Jenni_is_a_whore,

I have had my 800 since Feb '02 and have never had a problem with the
sync. In fact, it is way better than I could have ever hoped for.

Does it happen even on the strongest of signals?

Give this question a shot in the Yahoo Group for the Satellit 800.
Old October 1st 03, 11:48 PM
Jenni_is_a_Whore

Thanks for the reply. The radio seems fine today. I guess it was in a bad
mood last night? Maybe it didn't like my choice of programming.

om...