Old October 1st 03, 09:35 PM

Default "Passport 2004" deals?

About this time last year I got "Passport 2003" for about $12 (free
shipping) from buy.com

Any good deals out there on Passport 2004?

Art Harris

Old October 2nd 03, 10:05 AM
Andre

It will be available late October.

Tell me what's cooking inside for the 2004 Passport to World Band
Radio? If there is improvement and new updates on the publication, I
will place an order. But if there is no improvement or no changes on
the publication, Larry Magne of Passport to World Band Radio can keep
his book and I will keep my dollar on my pocket.

Andre
Old October 7th 03, 04:41 AM
CW

There is no way a book of that caliber is going to be very accuurate. The
lead time to press is way to long. If you want accurate frequenceis, ILG or
the equivelent is the way to go. The books value lies in its articles, not
the station listings.
"Jerry Bianchi" wrote in message
m...

In my mind they are not doing their home work.

Jerry B

Old October 2nd 03, 08:23 PM

"Joe Strain"
It's not released for distribution till December, right?

I think it actually comes out in late October. But several places are
accepting "pre-publication" orders.

Art
Old October 5th 03, 04:09 AM
White Bufallo

I think it actually comes out in late October. But several places are
accepting "pre-publication" orders.

Art,

Larry Magne is not only selling his book in the United States of
America alone but to the rest of the world, he should consider if he
makes a price increase it affects prices in other world currencies,
especially in third world countries like South America, Africa and
Asia. They will find difficult to purchase that book in their own
money currencies. They have to purchase more U.S. dollar to import
that book even it is a used or old copies.
So I will not place an advanced order of the 2004 edition of
Passport to World Band Radio book without examining first the
contents, especially with the price increase to $22.95. I rather just
wait for the bargain sale.

White Bufallo