Old October 10th 03, 03:56 AM
BeavX

Default 730 AM--Charleson?

I was flipping the dial today, 2:40 UTC, heard radio station on 730 AM from
St. Rose or something like that. Heard it here in Southeastern Wisconsin.
They were playing songs from Tragically Hip & Uncle Cracker, and some
country music. Also had some commercials for a rodeo. Where in the world
is this coming from? I think it was from Charleston, SC. Didn't have time
to listen for long. I thought it was interesting enough to post.

Thanks

Old October 10th 03, 04:29 AM
Tony Meloche

BeavX wrote:

I was flipping the dial today, 2:40 UTC, heard radio station on 730 AM from
St. Rose or something like that. Heard it here in Southeastern Wisconsin.
They were playing songs from Tragically Hip & Uncle Cracker, and some
country music. Also had some commercials for a rodeo. Where in the world
is this coming from? I think it was from Charleston, SC. Didn't have time
to listen for long. I thought it was interesting enough to post.

Thanks

Based on the dearth of stations broadcasting at night on that
frequency,
and your location vs. it's wattage, CKDM in Dauphin, Manitoba is a more
likely guess. If it was Charleston - helluva catch.

Tony

Old October 10th 03, 05:34 AM
BarryW

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 23:29:23 -0400, Tony Meloche
wrote:

Based on the dearth of stations broadcasting at night on that
frequency,
and your location vs. it's wattage, CKDM in Dauphin, Manitoba is a more
likely guess. If it was Charleston - helluva catch.

St.Rose is near Dauphin, mb - likely CKDM

Old October 10th 03, 06:45 AM
Doug Smith W9WI

BeavX wrote:
I was flipping the dial today, 2:40 UTC, heard radio station on 730 AM from
St. Rose or something like that. Heard it here in Southeastern Wisconsin.
They were playing songs from Tragically Hip & Uncle Cracker, and some
country music. Also had some commercials for a rodeo. Where in the world
is this coming from? I think it was from Charleston, SC. Didn't have time
to listen for long. I thought it was interesting enough to post.

I concur with those who believe you heard CKDM in Canada. I grew up in
Waukesha County and they were the dominant signal on 730 both there and
in Madison. The "all-over-the-road" format matches, and the Tragically
Hip are Canadian so that would rather reinforce the suggestion.
Besides, there aren't many rodeos in South Carolinagrin!

Ste. Rose du Lac is only about 40km east of Dauphin, well within their
coverage.

The Charleston station does do pretty well - I would not at all rule out
hearing them in Wisconsin. However, their format is all-news/talk.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66