Old October 12th 03, 04:47 AM
Keke Goldfeller

Default Missouri Conceled Carry Vetoed By One Judge! THANK YOU!

A heart felt THANK YOU from all sane Americans Judge Ohmer! You are
truly an oasis of enlightenment in a desert of ignorance. Proof that
the USA is still a great nation! When one sane man can overrule the
ignorant masses, well it just doesn't get any better than that.
Thankfully the Judge Ohmer's of the country are spread quite
strategically throughout the judicial system. I plan on writing a
personal thank you note to him and encourage all of you to do
likewise. Thank you for your cooperation.
Keke Goldfeller
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Concealed Weapons Law Blocked in Missouri
Sat Oct 11, 5:46 AM ET Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

By JEFF LATZKE, Associated Press Writer

ST. LOUIS - A judge temporarily blocked a law that would make Missouri
the 45th state to authorize concealed guns.

Circuit Judge Steven Ohmer ruled Friday that the law needed a further
review by the state Supreme Court and would have caused irreparable
harm had it taken effect Saturday.

The judge cited comments from debate at Missouri's constitutional
convention of 1875 that carrying concealed weapons is "a practice
which cannot be too severely condemned" and is connected to
"incalculable evil."

An appeal of the order filed by Attorney General Jay Nixon with the
state's Eastern District Court of Appeals was denied a short time
later. Nixon filed a second appeal with the state Supreme Court, but
Bill Thompson, a counsel for the high court, said it would not issue a
ruling Friday.

It was unclear when the state Supreme Court would take up the appeal.
Ohmer scheduled an Oct. 23 hearing to determine whether to impose a
permanent injunction.

Missouri entered the ranks of states allowing concealed guns when the
Legislature overrode Gov. Bob Holden's veto last month. The new law
also bars identification of concealed weapons permit-holders.

Advocates say the laws have contributed to drops in violent crime by
deterring criminals unsure whether a potential victim might be armed.
Holden and other critics say more guns in circulation will lead to
more violence.

"The conceal and carry law ... was obviously flawed in many respects,"
Holden said in a statement Friday. "I believe the court took
appropriate action today by preventing this ill-conceived law from
taking effect."

Supporters of the law predicted that they eventually will prevail.

"The plaintiffs went judge shopping and they found what they wanted,"
said attorney Kevin Jamison, president of the Western Missouri
Shooters Alliance. "Their petition is unbelievably frivolous. It shows
a complete misunderstanding of the law."

The plaintiffs in the case include public officials, members of the
St. Louis Clergy Coalition and the nonprofit Institute for Peace and
Justice.

The group cited a section of the Bill of Rights from the 1945 Missouri
Constitution that declared the right to bear arms "shall not justify
the wearing of concealed weapons" — and a similar clause in the
1875 version of the Missouri Constitution.

The Missouri attorney general's office argued the constitutional
clauses express a reservation, not a prohibition on concealed weapons.

Because the temporary restraining order came so close to the law's
effective date, Cole County Sheriff John Hemeyer had said his office
would accept applications as planned Saturday. He changed his mind
later Friday, saying he didn't want to tie up application fees.

Other sheriffs had not planned on accepting applications until next
Tuesday.

Ohmer agreed to hear the case in St. Louis after the city's sheriff
was added as a defendant. Most lawsuits against the state are tried in
Cole County, where the state capital is located.
Old October 12th 03, 05:16 AM
Lloyd Davies - The Time Lord

And hopefully God will allow us to deal with the hateful judge in his due time!

Lloyd Davies - Time Lord and Talk show host
"On the Domestic Front"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/domesticfront/
Old October 12th 03, 12:01 PM
Dr. Artaud

(Keke Goldfeller) wrote in
m:

Sir, I do believe that your underpants are on too tight. Pennsylvania has
had concealed carry for many years, there are no problems as a result of
it. In fact, the number of people illegally carrying firearms and for
criminal purposes is tremendous. The offset of these gun toting criminals
by citizens duly authorized to carry firearms is a welcome situation.
Nothing makes my heart so warm as to hear of a citizen, legally carrying a
firearm, in the age of police department personnel and budget cuts, etc,
whacking a criminal that truly deserves it.

Remember, a liberal is a conservative that hasn't been victimized yet.
Astonishingly, some people that are vehemently anti-gun have themselves
been caught with guns. You see, they are responsible enough to own them,
they claimed, it's their desire to take them from the rest of us that they
lust after. Buy a police radio, listen everyday as I do, and realize that
unless you live in the richest areas of your city that it's likely that the
police won't arrive in time to circumvent a violent crime committed at your
home, against your loved ones, by some criminal. Though they will do the
necessary work as far as arranging for the transporting of your family's
bodies to the morgue!

http://www.newsmax.com/showinside.sh...000/5/25/94428

http://www.stentorian.com/2ndamend/pigstick.html The image at this link
represents Rosie "the enormous lesbian pig" O'Donnell

In your peanut size monomaniacal brain, you see a "specific issue" fueled
by your ignorance. You hate guns, period. Anything done in furtherance of
this hatred to you is justified. Similar judges find mystical reasons to
justify abortion and to justify the complete removal of Religion from
public life.

Refer to "Umbras and Penumbras"

"The same criticism was leveled long ago at Justice William O. Douglas when
he found the right to privacy-never stated in the Constitution-emanating
from "umbras and penumbras" of other rights, which eventually led to the
decriminalization of abortion in Roe v. Wade."

Umbra is the complete shadowed areas that an eclipsing body projects on the
eclipsed body. Penumbra is the incomplete shadowed area projected on the
eclipsed body. They are terms from Astronomy. Look under the picture for
Umbra on the following page:
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/sub...y/indexu.shtml

Is this what we have to look forward to by American Judges, endlessly
circumventing the will of the people, governing from the bench? It's time
for this to come to an end, too many judges imposing too many laws on
people due to mystical interpretations of the Constitution.

Dr. Artaud

Old October 12th 03, 03:56 PM
WShoots1

Another judge overriding the democratic process, I presume.

Bill, K5BY
Old October 13th 03, 07:50 AM
HFguy

"Dr. Artaud" wrote:

[...]

The numbers show that a handgun owner (concealed or not) is more likely
to be killed by his own weapon or to have a family member killed with
it, than using it to stop a criminal. However the typical handgun owner
believes the statistics don't apply to him. They probably don't wear a
seat belt either.

Old October 22nd 03, 01:31 AM
Friendly Everyday Mad Scientist

WShoots1 wrote:

Another judge overriding the democratic process, I presume.

Bill, K5BY

You presume entirely wrong, then.

Judicial review is an integral part of the democratic
process in the US, and has been since the start. *Bypassing*
judicial review, the Constitutionally-mandated role of the
judicial branch, would be overriding the democratic process.
Including it when there are parties suing from both sides,
is merely a case of that judge discharging his
Constitutional duty as expressly constructed under our US
Constitution, and arrived at a ruling you don't personally
agree with.

Override the democratic process, my ass. You're lying.

So next time, instead of mouthing foolish right-wing
propaganda and lies about "overriding the Democratic
process" whenever things don't go your way, try making
better arguments. And when you lose, instead of whining
about "overriding the Democratic process" (which is entirely
false), try appealing your case if it was poorly decided.

Of course, that would require a respect for the system of
government we have, above winning.

If it was a bad ruling, then appeal it. But don't lie.
Old October 22nd 03, 04:01 AM
Gray Shockley

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:08:00 -0500, Herbert West wrote
(in message ):

I don't see any evidence in this thread of his "losing" any arguments.
This was his *first* albeit, misinformed, comment.

Yeah but is it true that one is not allowed to carry a concealed radio in
Missouri?

Is it all radios, including am and fm?

Or is it just shortwave or is it longwave?

And are we going to protest concealed carry on MW or just on AM?

Gray Shockley
Just wait 'til I get my subsciption to "World Weekly
News" and I'll have Batboy rattle your cage.

Old October 22nd 03, 04:13 AM
Tony Meloche

Gray Shockley wrote:

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:08:00 -0500, Herbert West wrote
(in message ):

I don't see any evidence in this thread of his "losing" any arguments.
This was his *first* albeit, misinformed, comment.

Yeah but is it true that one is not allowed to carry a concealed radio in
Missouri?

Is it all radios, including am and fm?

Or is it just shortwave or is it longwave?

And are we going to protest concealed carry on MW or just on AM?

Gray Shockley

I think you can carry any concealed radio in Missouri if you are
over 18, and it is unloaded - so take the batteries out first.

Tony

Old October 22nd 03, 05:22 AM
Brenda Ann

"Jack" wrote in message

Since most commercial VHF gear now include wide-band receivers, any
ham carrying one in his car is at risk of arrest.

Perhaps we could consider it an "open-receiver" law? g

There is federal law that supercedes all state and local law in this domain.
I know it's a royal pain to have to appear in court at all, but if you go to
court, and cite the appropriate statute, the case is always dismissed (of
course, you also have to show your FCC Amateur Radio license).

Old October 22nd 03, 07:49 AM
starman

Jack wrote:

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:22:53 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

"Jack" wrote in message
.. .

Since most commercial VHF gear now include wide-band receivers, any
ham carrying one in his car is at risk of arrest.

Perhaps we could consider it an "open-receiver" law? g

There is federal law that supercedes all state and local law in this domain.
I know it's a royal pain to have to appear in court at all, but if you go to
court, and cite the appropriate statute, the case is always dismissed (of
course, you also have to show your FCC Amateur Radio license).

Tell that to the poor ham in NYS that just spent the better part of
2003 and many court appearances before a Judge would accept the
federal law. I believe it was brought up early in the proceedings.

The case was documented and followed in several ham websites,
including ARRL, though I don't have the exact URLs.

We all knew he'd eventually win - it was just a matter of when the
idiot judges would come to their senses. A major PITA, and of course,
not even an apology from the authorities afterward.

-jack-

Did he get his radio back? Sometimes the police *misplace* the radio.
IOW- Someone takes it home.