Old October 13th 03, 05:11 AM
Keke Goldfeller

Default I Couldn't Bow Low Enough!

Met an elderly Japanese gentleman while having brunch today. Long
story short, his family was a victim of the American war crimes,
specifically the dropping an atomic bomb on Hiroshima. I've never felt
so ashamed to be an American. I couldn't bow low enough in apology for
this nation.
Keke Goldfeller
Old October 13th 03, 05:41 AM
Gray Shockley

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:11:28 -0500, Keke Goldfeller wrote
(in message ):

Met an elderly Japanese gentleman while having brunch today. Long
story short, his family was a victim of the American war crimes,
specifically the dropping an atomic bomb on Hiroshima. I've never felt
so ashamed to be an American. I couldn't bow low enough in apology for
this nation.
Keke Goldfeller

Twit-filter invoked.

not even a very good troll

plonk

Old October 13th 03, 08:18 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

Yup, pretty unskilled. Oh, well, at least I won't
read his drivel henceforth.

"Gray Shockley" wrote:

| Twit-filter invoked.
|
| not even a very good troll
|
| plonk

---

Old October 13th 03, 08:58 AM
Mark Keith

Keke Goldfeller wrote:

Met an elderly Japanese gentleman while having brunch today. Long
story short, his family was a victim of the American war crimes,
specifically the dropping an atomic bomb on Hiroshima. I've never felt
so ashamed to be an American. I couldn't bow low enough in apology for
this nation.
Keke Goldfeller

Life's a bitch. They should have thought about that before they bombed
the crap out of Pearl Harbor. They had delusions of grandeur even
thinking they could whip our ass. Also, dropping the bomb was not a war
crime. The only black mark I can see is the detainment of Japanese U.S.
citizens. But if he was actually Japanese, and not a U.S. citizen, he
has no real gripe there either. Heck, you might as well have bent over
and let him drive you home.
Sad... MK
--
http://web.wt.net/~nm5k
Old October 13th 03, 08:56 PM
Jer

Yea right, did you ask him about the Battan Death March !!! And the
rape/imprisonment of Korean/Chinese women during the war!

de Jer

"Stu Gotz" wrote in message

On 12 Oct 2003 21:11:28 -0700, (Keke
Goldfeller) wrote:

Met an elderly Japanese gentleman while having brunch today. Long
story short, his family was a victim of the American war crimes,
specifically the dropping an atomic bomb on Hiroshima. I've never felt
so ashamed to be an American. I couldn't bow low enough in apology for
this nation.
Keke Goldfeller

PLONK!!!!!!!

Old October 14th 03, 09:56 PM

I went through that anguish at one time in my life.

But finally realized that;

In a war you do everything you can to win. ( do or die ! )

Every nation would trade ten enemy lives for "one of their own"

We bombed their cities, because we had the capability.
They would have bombed ( our cities ) if they had the capability.

It's not just "how you conduct the war"
it's how you behave after the enemy's been vanquished.
In that respect, the Japanese army ( especially in China )
showed themselves to be poor winners.

We didn't start the conflict, yet I still feel a pang of discomfort
when I see pictures of the bombed-out cities...
Tokyo, Cologne, Hamburg, Dresden......

I'm also surprised that out of the thousands of bomber crewmen,
not one said "This is immoral... I'm not gonna do this"

There were a lot of civilians in those cities,
and, as John Wayne used to say; "Murikans don't make war on civilians"

War is hell !

Goldfeller) wrote:

Met an elderly Japanese gentleman while having brunch today. Long
story short, his family was a victim of the American war crimes,
specifically the dropping an atomic bomb on Hiroshima. I've never felt
so ashamed to be an American. I couldn't bow low enough in apology for
this nation.
Keke Goldfeller

PLONK!!!!!!!

rj