Old October 14th 03, 09:56 PM

I went through that anguish at one time in my life.

But finally realized that;

In a war you do everything you can to win. ( do or die ! )

Every nation would trade ten enemy lives for "one of their own"

We bombed their cities, because we had the capability.
They would have bombed ( our cities ) if they had the capability.

It's not just "how you conduct the war"
it's how you behave after the enemy's been vanquished.
In that respect, the Japanese army ( especially in China )
showed themselves to be poor winners.

We didn't start the conflict, yet I still feel a pang of discomfort
when I see pictures of the bombed-out cities...
Tokyo, Cologne, Hamburg, Dresden......

I'm also surprised that out of the thousands of bomber crewmen,
not one said "This is immoral... I'm not gonna do this"

There were a lot of civilians in those cities,
and, as John Wayne used to say; "Murikans don't make war on civilians"

War is hell !

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:41:50 GMT, Stu Gotz wrote:

On 12 Oct 2003 21:11:28 -0700, (Keke
Goldfeller) wrote:

Met an elderly Japanese gentleman while having brunch today. Long
story short, his family was a victim of the American war crimes,
specifically the dropping an atomic bomb on Hiroshima. I've never felt
so ashamed to be an American. I couldn't bow low enough in apology for
this nation.
Keke Goldfeller

PLONK!!!!!!!

rj
Old October 17th 03, 03:30 AM
GrtPmpkin32

We didnt kill enough of them, any of you liberals actually fight in
that war, I DID!

Please, the post was a troll. Trying to get a rise out of you. He DID!

Old October 17th 03, 06:26 AM
Keke Goldfeller

eds wrote in message . ..
We didnt kill enough of them, any of you liberals actually fight in
that war, I DID!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Egad are there still some of you alive? I'd heard that your kind was
dying at a rate of 1000 per day. That's good news. The world will be
rid of your neaderthal thinking soon. Good riddance!
Keke Goldfeller

Old October 17th 03, 06:38 AM
Jayre

As I recently sat in the shadow of the Washington monument enjoying a cold
soft beverage and contemplating Americas' greatness and tolerance I was
approached by a group of camera-toting Japanese tourists. Upon their
inquiring as to where they might find the Washington monument, which lay at
their very feet, my compadre quickly rose and responded in my stead:

You didn't have any trouble finding Pearl Harbor at 6:00 a.m. dec. 7th did
you?... you little yellow *******s.

I was set aside by my friends animus... yet still to be digested was his
quick-witted diatribe.

In the meanwhile I am both disgusted by his cold and bigoted reply, yet
further I am moved by his inability to forgive the heinous acts perpetrated
by the Japanese Monarchy upon our sovereign and great nation.

I for one feel we should forgive, lest not forget the lessons we have been
so oddly fortunate to have learned from our incredible and checkered
national history.

If we do not respond similarly in this days climate... what may lie ahead
for our Children?

IMHO

Please remove the XXX prefix from the address if you're compelled to
respond.

m...

Old October 18th 03, 04:16 AM
merlin

As "Americans" we have nothing to apoligize for. They attacked us
first, and without provication. We have no obligation to bow to them.
They should thank us for not holding them more accountable.