Old October 18th 03, 09:03 AM
Mike Terry

Default Reply etiquete & top posting

Can you help please what setting do I use in Outlook to automatically put in
text around a sender's name when I hit "reply"?

Also to ensure top posting.

e.g. "thus spake xxxxxxxxx. to the assembled multitude..."

Many thanks

Mike

Old October 18th 03, 10:04 AM
altgrr

"Mike Terry" wrote in message
Can you help please what setting do I use in Outlook to automatically put

in
text around a sender's name when I hit "reply"?

Also to ensure top posting.

I really hope you mean "bottom posting"...

Old October 18th 03, 05:55 PM
Mike Terry

" I really hope you mean "bottom posting"...

Oops!! Yes I do.

Mike

Old October 19th 03, 12:29 PM
Stephan Grossklass

CW schrieb:

Top posting is fine.

No, it isn't. It's BS.

Old October 19th 03, 07:38 PM
CW

It is becomming more prevelent all the time. It make sense. When you meet
someone and they say "how ae you?" do you respond "how are you, I am fine,
and you"? Try it for a day. Everytime someone says somethng to you repeat it
back to them before responding.

"Stephan Grossklass" wrote in message
CW schrieb:

Top posting is fine.

No, it isn't. It's BS.

Old October 19th 03, 10:20 PM
funkbastler

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:38:01 GMT, "CW"
wrote:

It is becomming more prevelent all the time. It make sense. When you meet
someone and they say "how ae you?" do you respond "how are you, I am fine,
and you"? Try it for a day. Everytime someone says somethng to you repeat it
back to them before responding.

Hmmm... try reading a book, paragraph at a time, from the back.

-fb-

Old October 18th 03, 11:24 AM
Stephan Grossklass

Mike Terry schrieb:

Can you help please what setting do I use in Outlook to automatically put in
text around a sender's name when I hit "reply"?

This cannot be modified in OE out of the box, AFAIK. However, it seems
to be possible with OE-Quotefix (a must-have for OE users).

Also to ensure top posting.

I assume you meant *bottom* posting, i.e. quotes first? Wouldn't make
much sense to have a fancy attribution line otherwise.

e.g. "thus spake xxxxxxxxx. to the assembled multitude..."

Be careful not to make the attribution line too long.

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/ | Webm.: http://www.i24.com/
PC#6: i440LX, 2xCel300A, 448 MB, 18 GB, ATI AGP 32 MB, 110W
Old October 18th 03, 01:06 PM
Mark Carver

Mike Terry wrote:
Can you help please what setting do I use in Outlook to automatically
put in text around a sender's name when I hit "reply"?

Also to ensure top posting.

You can't.

However download and install Quote Fix, then you can configure
that, to configure OE, to do so.

Old October 18th 03, 01:24 PM
Lewis

Mark Carver wrote:

However download and install Quote Fix, then you can configure
that, to configure OE, to do so.

Woo! Thanks for that, it's great!

--
Lewis

0617791374065458 Telamon General 14 October 25th 04 04:03 AM
LOL Twisty Nailed AT FORGING AND ANONYMOUS POSTING Twistedhed CB 0 December 2nd 03 10:29 PM
Freeband & Ham Scott (Unit 69) CB 5 November 11th 03 04:05 PM
TOP TEN EXCUSES WHY LANDSHARK POSTING IN HOMO GROUPS Keyclownz R Dopers CB 0 September 27th 03 11:43 PM