Old October 30th 03, 06:17 PM
Roger Cordrey

Default NASA Target HF3/P receiver?

I am a radio dummy who is learning as he goes along. I want to be able to
receive and translate WEFAX, RTTY and NAVTEX as well as acoustic reception
of weather forecasts while on my boat in Europe and the Med (I am based in
UK). I posted a query asking for recommendations a few days ago and am
obliged to the people who replied. I am looking for a highly economic
solution to the above requirement - I am not intending to become a SW radio
enthusiast - and am attracted to the NASA receiver (made in the UK not more
than 2 miles from my home!) in conjunction with JVComm32 software.

Can anyone provide feedback concerning this receiver?

Old October 31st 03, 11:24 AM
Dakota

"Roger Cordrey" schreef in bericht
I am a radio dummy who is learning as he goes along. I want to be able to
receive and translate WEFAX, RTTY and NAVTEX as well as acoustic reception
of weather forecasts while on my boat in Europe and the Med (I am based in
UK). I posted a query asking for recommendations a few days ago and am
obliged to the people who replied. I am looking for a highly economic
solution to the above requirement - I am not intending to become a SW

radio
enthusiast - and am attracted to the NASA receiver (made in the UK not

more
than 2 miles from my home!) in conjunction with JVComm32 software.

Can anyone provide feedback concerning this receiver?

Yes, i can....
Iīve owned a NASA as my very first sw-receiver. Nothing wrong with, but
donīt make the antenna to long.
Actualy, along with the receiver there is a short piece (about 12 feet) of
wire. You probably donīt need much more
to receive properly. Donīt forget to ground the receiver properly, as stated
in the manual, and off you go.
Much fun, low cost, but you have to be sure about not intending to become an
enthusiast otherwise youīll look for a more sophisticated receiver
someday...I wonder how long this will take...
Concerning JVComm32: will work right if you place your computer as far from
the receiver as you can..

Best regards,
Bjern Snelders
The Netherlands