Old October 31st 03, 11:06 PM
Larry Saletzki

Default War of the Worlds broadcast

Hi does anyone know what freq and time that someone is doing the War of the
Worlds broadcast tonight. Somehow I have missed any of the usual
announcements. Thanks Larry WA9VRH

Old October 31st 03, 11:43 PM
Regnad Kcin

WWKB/1520 is Buffalo is airing both the Orson Welles and one they reproduced
a few decades ago tonight. I didn't get time, but 0000UTC is a good choice.
I have my own tape of the Welles to play and the 1988 NPR version with Jason
Robards to go back to back with.

Old October 31st 03, 11:49 PM
William Sommerwerck

No, but if you can get to a record shop, you can probably find it on CD.
Old November 1st 03, 12:16 AM
Jim Menning

"Larry Saletzki" wrote in message
Hi does anyone know what freq and time that someone is doing the War of

the
Worlds broadcast tonight. Somehow I have missed any of the usual
announcements. Thanks Larry WA9VRH

You can always hear it here as a .wav file:

http://www.earthstation1.com/pgs/rad...orlds.wav.html

or here as a RealAudio format (.ram)

http://www.earthstation1.com/pgs/rad...orlds.ram.html

jim menning

Old November 1st 03, 02:41 AM
Dr. Artaud

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
:

Somehow you've missed the significance of hearing it on radio.

I own many DVDs, all seldom watched. But if the same movie appears on
cable, wham, I'm hooked for the duration of the movie.

Dr. Artaud

No, but if you can get to a record shop, you can probably find it on CD.

--
To know and to be, this is not even a question, there is no alternative.
You see it clearly in the loneliest little avenues between particles and

Old November 1st 03, 04:43 AM
bobinphx

Jim,
Thanks so much for the URL!!!.... Right now its playing through my Eico 324
up to each of the kids rooms... The youngest (age 6) is listening to it on
her bedside clock radio, curled up in the sheets clutching her baby doll.
The older (age 9) is listing to it on a 30's zenith farm radio chassis (no
cabinet), with a 110 v to 6 volt transformer. His is starring at the dial
and the tubes (one is gassy and blue) and is totally spell bound by the
program....Bet the world could end right now and he wouldn't know it....What
a great way to end a very nice Halloween!!!!!!!!!!
Lets hope they don't have bad dreams.
Thanks again!!!

Bob in phx

Old November 1st 03, 05:00 AM
dxlover

Barnes &Noble has em' in CD or cassette. Cassette for sure, because I
purchased mine there a year or so ago. :-)

--
^~^~^Monitoring The Spectrum^~^~^~^
*********Hammarlund129X & 140X**********

Old November 1st 03, 05:18 AM
Sven Franklyn Weil

In article ZOGob.106503$Ms2.17211@fed1read03, bobinphx wrote:
Lets hope they don't have bad dreams.

Hell...let's hope they don't run out into the street screaming that
the Martians are coming to pulverize Earth! :-) :-)

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.
Old November 1st 03, 05:51 AM
Jim Menning

"bobinphx" wrote in message
Jim,
Thanks so much for the URL!!!.... .
Thanks again!!!

Bob in phx

You're welcome! I've saved the file to the harddrive, so I'll have it when
I get "in the mood".

jim menning

Old November 1st 03, 05:57 AM
WShoots1

Jack: But I *prefer* to dig them out of *and listen to them on* staticky,
in/out-fading, often crowded radio bands. Its simply more satisfying that way.

By golly, that's what I prefer to do, too. Shortwave radio is my roots to a
lifetime career. Also, when I'm driving the byways, I prefer to listen to
"local" AM stations. It reminds me of the pre-Interstate days.

By the way... I heard Orson Welles' War of the Worlds original broadcast. I was
still in single digit age, but the Mercury Theater was one of my favorite
shows.

Bill, K5BY