Old November 19th 03, 05:30 PM
Radioman390

Default L.A. area listeners....what gives?

Is this for real, or another scam?

These guys are advertising for radio show content for an AM on 550 kHz in LA,
plus if you read casrefully they apparently have TWO FMs as well (KCLA is one),

but

there's nothing in the FCC database on them at all, checking by frequency and
calls.

Can some LA people check out what's on the air? Are they pirates?
Old November 19th 03, 05:35 PM
Radioman390

Her is link http://www.nbsradioandtv.com/
Old November 19th 03, 05:38 PM
Radioman390

More links to their monster Los Angles radio network:

www.KCLAFM.com

www.KTSTFM.com

www.KMAXAM.com
Old November 19th 03, 07:50 PM
Eddie Haskel

It's a scam for sure. There is NO station on 550Khz in the Los Angeles area.
Will "drop by" the address on Sunset Blvd as it is very close to where I
work and see if they have an office there. From what I can see, it's just a
internet streamer...probably someone that WANTS to be a real radio
station....Eddie

Old November 19th 03, 10:48 PM
Diverd4777

In article , "Eddie Haskel"
writes:
..
Will "drop by" the address on Sunset Blvd as it is very close to where I
work

- Betcha its a " Mailboxes Inc" or some such . .

Old November 20th 03, 02:37 AM
RHF

= = = (Radioman390)
= = = wrote in message ...

More links to their monster Los Angles radio network:

www.KCLAFM.com

www.KTSTFM.com

www.KMAXAM.com

This is the "www.KMAXAM.com" that is advertized as being AM 550 kHz.

The Domain Bame "www.KMAXAM.com" is owned by "American Radio
Networks".

Here ai a Link to their website:
GoTo= http://www.myamericanradio.net/
"American Radio Network" The original since 1998, playing only the
best rock, hard rock, classic rock and alternative rock in an award
winning mix. Requests and multiple format speeds and formats are
available at our website.

~ RHF

..

..
Old November 20th 03, 04:06 AM
Eddie Haskel

Bottom line... THEY DONT OWN OR OPERATE A SINGLE TRANSMITTER. Imagine a
*radio* station with no *radio*. Just a wannabee broadcaster. And after
listening to their stream, I come to the conclusion they arn't worth
listening to. Music sounds like it was selected and mixed by an 8 year
old....*Monster network* HAHAHAHA....not even a single station let alone a
Network..Pass on this one
P.S. Pirates usually NEVER occupy the low end of the AM band. Remember that
a antenna at 550 Khz will be 3 TIMES longer than one at 1500Khz..pretty hard
to hide or make it work properly.

"RHF" wrote in message
om...
= = = (Radioman390)
= = = wrote in message

More links to their monster Los Angles radio network:

www.KCLAFM.com

www.KTSTFM.com

www.KMAXAM.com

This is the "www.KMAXAM.com" that is advertized as being AM 550 kHz.

The Domain Bame "www.KMAXAM.com" is owned by "American Radio
Networks".

Here ai a Link to their website:
GoTo= http://www.myamericanradio.net/
"American Radio Network" The original since 1998, playing only the
best rock, hard rock, classic rock and alternative rock in an award
winning mix. Requests and multiple format speeds and formats are
available at our website.

~ RHF

.

.

Old November 21st 03, 12:06 PM
Radioman390

Is this for real, or another scam?

I E-mailed them (my inquiry at bottom) and got a cryptic reply. I think I have
been disqualified!

Subj: Question
Date: 11/21/03 5:09:30 AM Eastern Standard Time
To: xxxxxxxxxxx
Received from Internet: click here for more information

Dear applicant,

Thank you for your interest in our radio/tv openings. To prepare you for the
next step, we strongly urge you to first thoroughly review our website at
www.NBSRadioandTv.com as this will prepare you for the next communication we
will have with you. Because we are dealing with a very large number of
applicants, your unfamiliarity with who we are and what we do may disqualify
you or delay your application. Please respond to this email stating that you
have reviewed our website and are ready for the next step.

Tony Lewis
New Talent Manager

Old November 21st 03, 07:19 PM
Interrogator

This is VERY peculiar.

According to RHC's post, http://www.KMAXAM.com is a domain name owned by
American Radio Networks. If, however, you go to their URL and click on "Radio"
and then do a search for "KMAXAM" you get nothing...

If you go to the web page of "KMAXAM", http://www.KMAXAM.com, you will note that
the URLs for the inline page links all lead to web page files on
http://home.pacbell.net/deanlew, whoever that may be!

And on http://www.KCLAFM.com, the links lead to an account on http://ourworld.
compuserve.com/homepages; and http://www.KTSTFM.com's page has inline links to
articles found on http://home.pacbell.net/ktstfm/.

These are simply "home pages" provided with either DSL or dialup subscriber
accounts, apparently. Just like the home pages that almost any ISP subscriber
can put up on the net. The domain names merely redirect to them.

This is often a way to make your page easier to find and remember on the net,
but it's not at all like the pages of a business with professional web service.

The fact that fictitious radio stations that are *not* actually on the air in
this market are being promoted here makes me wonder if a complaint could be
lodged against these people.

Another confusing item: "KLAS FM" is, according to their webpage logo,
supposedly at 89.7, which is in the educational band. I looked up KLAS-FM on
the FCC FM station database, and got no hits whatsoever. But if you do a Google
search you get more than a thousand of them. Again, however, the FM database
shows NO entry for "KLAS" on the frequency database for 89.7.

I then looked at the ARN employees list, and particularly at the engineers
(since I was in that business myself.) No names stuck out, but I searched for
"John Fogarazzo", identified as "FCC licensed broadcast engineer". He appears
to be with a jazz station affiliated with NPR in New Jersey. Quite a distance
from Neward, N. J. to LA -- if we are to infer that he is their transmitter
supervisor person. The other "FCC licensed engineer" is "Mike Cappetta"; after
wading thru pages of useless Google hits for various Cappettas, I finally found
one post from a "Mike Cappetta" at Lucent to an electronics forum, inquiring
about a schematic for a welder.

Other than the Google hit for these names on the ARN employee page, I did not
find anything that would really signify that these "stations" have such
engineers as "Fogarazzo" and "Cappetta" who, if they were contactable, could
confirm exactly HOW such "stations" are maintained in accordance to FCC rules.

I think this suggests that at some time in the past, "Fogarazzo" and "Cappetta" -
- whoever they may be -- must have come in contact in some way with this strange
outfit (maybe they wired up a cart machine: who knows?) But as to being their
"FCC licensed engineers": well, this challenges credulity.

Even in our deregulated world of American broadcasting, these "stations" are
going to need an on-call transmitter supervisor. Who dat?

I think that an elaborate smoke-screen has been erected to give persons who
encounter these websites the inference that REAL radio stations, operated by
actual people, are on the air in LA. I live very far from that market and cannot
confirm directly; but if these were entities actually licensed to the market,
and broadcasting within it, they'd leave more of a trail than some obscure home
pages linked to a domain name.

This is rather fun and challenging: and anyone intuiting more about what is
going on, other than some over-the-top promoting, will pique my interest.

For example: is this organization complying with all the appropriate licensing
for streaming music, and for using ASCAP, BMI, and other published musical
materials? All radio stations must subscribe to the music licensing
organizations and pay appropriate fees. Anybody want to take on the task of
searching them out?

AUTEUR
--
Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr
This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr

http://forums.club-internet.fr/