Old November 26th 03, 02:36 AM
Auteur

Default Faux-Sebas

I miss Sebas.

If you are a fan of PASSPORT TO WORLD BAND RADIO, perhaps you do to. Every time
there is a new thread about this magazine, I look thru it, hoping to find more
mind-bending prose from the great genius of monomania. I believe he reappeared
briefly under a new moniker, but apparently went back into coma again more
quickly than I would have preferred.

Therefore, I propose a "Faux-Sebas Contest". Feel free to ingest certain
strange mushrooms, while playing your Grundig on a bubble-jammer at high volume
until your conscious mind dissolves into a psychedelic ramble; when you are
thoroughly in the zone, post your best attempt.

To kick this off, here's my own (poor) attempt. I'm all out of mushrooms, so it
won't quite have the tang it deserves...

THE LORD MAGNE & THE WORLD BAND ENEMY-SLAYERS

The pitiful poor minded Steve, Andre, Michael: be warned, and be alert! for
the LORD MAGNE he is here again with his more money charged, but giveth no more
to the FANS of world band radio, Sony lacking, maybe shaken and angry and
unforgiving of MAGNE and his PUBLISH of the wrong date of the demise of IC2010
the worlds shaking and power full WORLD BAND radio.

You Steve Andre Michael Diverd77 RHF and Time LORD and all be narowminded and
lacking reverence for LORD MAGNE. For year on year every one try to take away
the glory of the LORD but this to no avail. Only MAGNE hisself has done this
and it now is known by and to all. For with three dollars more he give no more.
Now its time its written that the LORD has feet of clay and not like the MAGNE-
ficent world band it do poor to.

WE HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY IT TO BE US

For Lord Magne with no Sony ads and with three more dollars still give no more.
Gantt charts but no truth. IT is Grundig right into the grund.

-- Sebas

AUTEUR (whew!)

--
Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr
This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr

http://forums.club-internet.fr/
Old November 26th 03, 11:07 PM
Telamon

In article ,
Auteur wrote:

I miss Sebas.

If you are a fan of PASSPORT TO WORLD BAND RADIO, perhaps you do to.
Every time there is a new thread about this magazine, I look thru it,
hoping to find more mind-bending prose from the great genius of
monomania. I believe he reappeared briefly under a new moniker, but
apparently went back into coma again more quickly than I would have
preferred.

snip

Got to much time on your hands?

I can't believe someone on this group desires more TROLLING.

If you can't get your fill of nonsense here try a group like alt fan art
bell.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old November 27th 03, 04:32 AM
Auteur

I can't believe someone on this group desires more TROLLING.
If you can't get your fill of nonsense here try a group like
alt fan art bell.

I apologize to Telamon for perhaps bringing to mind his own understandable
frustration in trying to talk sense to the poor soul who called himself "Sebas"
or "White Buffallo" [sic]; of course the very fact that no one -- not Telemon,
not *anyone* -- could reach a cognitive, rational core at the heart of this
strange creature puts his screeds in a unique category. In fact, though there
is a lot of ill-tempered or illogical nonsense on alt.fan.art-bell (as there
was/is on his show), I'd claim that "Sebas" has reached a pinnacle of
incoherency.

Humor is a delicate thing; and this forum reaches a huge public. So there is no
surprise that some may not share my own amusement in reading the rather
predictable threads of Sebas: a wild, incomparably strange rant, obsessing about
Larry Magne and his magazine; followed by a series of attempts from sane people
to talk the poor fool down from his dangerous, manic state.

Sebas, at his most crazily inspired, wove a tapestry of his compulsions that can
be argued, one must ruefully admit, to be ON-TOPIC with regard to the charter of
this newsgroup: the discussion of shortwave radio. For the sole subject of
Sebas' reveries was the book PASSPORT TO WORLD-BAND RADIO and his inability to
accept Mr. Magne's excellent and serious publication as anything representative
of a *human* effort rather than a Socratic Archetype viewed *only* inside the
head of of a highly-troubled Sebas (and perceived that strange way by *nobody*
else.)

In elevated tone of voice, involving occasional flowery and sometimes archaic
English (not, surely, his native tongue), Sebas wove his tortured arguments
(with allusions to mythology, fairy tales, and screwball sociology) in a unique
manner that, in a decade of perusing Usenet, I can't find an absolute parallel
to: diatribes that any sane reader perceives as being monuments of silly lunacy.
And that's the point: they were SILLY, over-the-top, extreme, weird, and wild:
like the drug-infused monologues of the famous old 1950's nightclub comedian,
the hipster genius "Lord Buckley" (minus the jazz-argot, of course.)

Unlike you, Telamon -- and with apologies to any practicing clinical
psychologists who view this group -- I found them genuinely amusing. With each
admonishment from a saner, wiser respondent, Sebas was driven to higher flights
of frenzy.

Didn't someone -- Frank Dresser, perhaps? -- once question if the posts were
*real* and sincere, or instead a gigantic put-on? It's a distinct possibility.

Rather than invoke more "trolling" here on the group, I wanted to express my own
rather morbid amusement at the *apparent* progressive deterioration of ego that
these contributions seemed to represent, and their unwitting humor.

So: no, please; no trolling requested. Sorry, Telamon, to make you suspect that
this was my motive. What I really anticpated, with some relish, was perhaps a
flight of fancy from some of the jokesters on the board who (like Frank)
occasionally light up the tone and give many of us a hearty chuckle. If other
readers beside Telemon find my suggestion to be unfunny, in bad taste, and a
sure invitation to chaos, then I've learned my lesson.

Best to all,
AUTEUR

Old November 28th 03, 09:10 AM
Andre

Auteur,

The name "Sebas" is a forbidden name in this strange land of
Google shortwave newsgroup. Those strange and dangerous creatures in
this newsgroup become ferocious when they heard the forbidden name
"Sebas". If you don't know how to survive in this jungle newsgroup,
they will definitely eat you alive. So beware, they are out there in
numbers.

Andre