Old November 29th 03, 05:25 PM
James McAloon

Default shortwave radio freq. from Azores?

I have just purchased a shortwave radio for my wife for x-mass. She is
from the Azores an I thought it would be nice for her to keep in touch
with the "old country". Could some one please provide me some
frequencies from the Azores or from mainland Portugal? THANK YOU

Old November 29th 03, 07:26 PM
R.F. Collins

Listings in Passport shows Portugal in Portuguese to East N America
from 0000-0300UTC Tu - Sat on 9715 / and to West N America on 11655
and 1300-2100UTC Sat/Sun/Holidays on 15540 to N America

Don't know of any regular shortwave broadcasts from the Azores but I
talked to an amateur radio operator on Terceira Island a while back
(18140kHz). His QSL card was from Angra do Heroismo. Not sure if thats
on the same island or not.

Jim

Old November 29th 03, 07:47 PM
N8KDV

James McAloon wrote:

I have just purchased a shortwave radio for my wife for x-mass. She is
from the Azores an I thought it would be nice for her to keep in touch
with the "old country". Could some one please provide me some
frequencies from the Azores or from mainland Portugal? THANK YOU

Here is the Radio Portugal homepage:

http://www.rdp.pt/internacional/h/index_h.html

Click on Ondas Curtas and that will bring up various target areas, click on
those and the schedule comes up.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old November 29th 03, 08:10 PM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

James McAloon wrote:

I have just purchased a shortwave radio for my wife for x-mass. She is
from the Azores an I thought it would be nice for her to keep in touch
with the "old country". Could some one please provide me some
frequencies from the Azores or from mainland Portugal? THANK YOU

Here is the Radio Portugal homepage:

http://www.rdp.pt/internacional/h/index_h.html

Click on Ondas Curtas and that will bring up various target areas, click on
those and the schedule comes up.

Here's another site to get a sked of other Portugese broadcasts:

http://www.addx.de/Hfpdat/plaene.php

Scroll down to the Portugese language (it's in German of course!), hit the bar
underneath, and you'll have a list of Portugese broadcasts!