Old December 6th 03, 02:45 PM
gil

Default FS: DX 398

I have very nice in very good condition DX-398, stock, no mods with box,
case and manual.
I want $100. plus shipping (around 10 to 15 bucks)
Email me if interested....thanks

Gil N2WJW
--
Remove NOSPAM to reply

Old December 6th 03, 06:01 PM
Ken Thomas

If you're sending this radio anywhere from the US to another US
location then your 10 -15 dollar shipping is absolutely crazy. I have
that radio - I know the weight and went on UPS to calculate CONUS
shipping ground. And UPS insures to $100 automatically. You're
ripping off your fellow radio freaks for no reason except to nickel
and dime us a little. Say no to inflated shipping.

Old December 6th 03, 08:16 PM
Frank Dresser

"Ken Thomas" wrote in message
news

If you're sending this radio anywhere from the US to another US
location then your 10 -15 dollar shipping is absolutely crazy. I have
that radio - I know the weight and went on UPS to calculate CONUS
shipping ground. And UPS insures to $100 automatically. You're
ripping off your fellow radio freaks for no reason except to nickel
and dime us a little. Say no to inflated shipping.

So, why keep the weight and the shipping costs to yourself? Tell us!
Just how much crazy inflated profit will Gil be taking out of that
around 10 - 15 bucks?

And just how many of us fellow radio freaks will Gil be "ripping off" on
this radio sale?

But you have a point. If Gil decides to skip the "inflated shipping"
charge and sells his radio for $150, will you be buying it?

Frank Dresser

Old December 6th 03, 08:32 PM
CW

Stupid rant. I suppose you might more easily comprehend if he just said
"$115 and free shipping".

news

Old December 7th 03, 01:38 AM
Ken Thomas

I don't have a problem with someone charging $115 for a 398 if that's
what they think it's worth. Just don't over inflate the shipping. I
think you'd even agree with that - huh, stupid?

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 20:32:27 GMT, "CW"
wrote:

Stupid rant. I suppose you might more easily comprehend if he just said
"$115 and free shipping".

news

Old December 7th 03, 02:00 AM
CW

Here is the thought process of the NORMAL HUMAN BEING: "The price of the
radio is $100.00. The fee for shipping is $15.00. That radio will cost me
$115.00". Now, if he said "$115.00 with free shipping", would it cost you
any less?

Old December 7th 03, 03:02 AM
Gary Sanford

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 18:01:30 GMT, Ken Thomas
wrote:

If you're sending this radio anywhere from the US to another US
location then your 10 -15 dollar shipping is absolutely crazy. I have
that radio - I know the weight and went on UPS to calculate CONUS
shipping ground. And UPS insures to $100 automatically. You're
ripping off your fellow radio freaks for no reason except to nickel
and dime us a little. Say no to inflated shipping.

$15 is a very reasonable shipping fee. I guess that you don't ship
anything very often, do you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gary Sanford

Old December 7th 03, 03:17 AM
N8KDV

Ken Thomas wrote:

If you're sending this radio anywhere from the US to another US
location then your 10 -15 dollar shipping is absolutely crazy. I have
that radio - I know the weight and went on UPS to calculate CONUS
shipping ground. And UPS insures to $100 automatically. You're
ripping off your fellow radio freaks for no reason except to nickel
and dime us a little. Say no to inflated shipping.

I'm curious. Are you with the Price Police in South Africa? What rank do you
hold?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old December 7th 03, 03:34 AM
Stinger

"Ken Thomas" wrote in message
news

If you're sending this radio anywhere from the US to another US
location then your 10 -15 dollar shipping is absolutely crazy. I have
that radio - I know the weight and went on UPS to calculate CONUS
shipping ground. And UPS insures to $100 automatically. You're
ripping off your fellow radio freaks for no reason except to nickel
and dime us a little. Say no to inflated shipping.

Only if you promise to say no to caffeine.

-- Stinger

Old December 7th 03, 05:15 AM
RHF

KW,

When the DX398 is Double Boxed with Packaging.
= = = You can Double the Weight for Shipping.
+ + + Plus Add-In the Cost of the Shipping Materials.

owthg ~ RHF
= = = Oh What The Hell - Goodbye
..
..