Old December 9th 03, 03:14 AM
Jimbo

Default Antenna Learning

Howdy everyone!

If this is the wrong forum, I apologize, but I hope ya'll can help.

I got a CCrane radio a couple years back because it was supposed to be
the best AM radio out there. And it is much better than the old radio
I had (just a drug store model). But it has me kind of curious, now
that I can get farther radio stations, how can I reach out a bit
farther? It is somewhat addicting. I tried just a long copper wire
wrapped around the house, but that seemed to bring too much in. Are
there any decent books out there on antennas, and how I might make my
own?

Thanks!

Jim
Old December 11th 03, 01:30 PM
willie

http://www.arrl.org/catalog/
Old December 11th 03, 02:50 PM
Keyboard In The Wilderness

I like this one By Ed Noll, W3FQJ "Easy Up Antennas" -- URL:
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...?prodid=MFJ-38

More Antennas for SWL -- URL:
http://ac6v.com/swl.htm#ANT

--
73 From The Wilderness Keyboard
=================================
m...

Old December 16th 03, 08:08 PM
RHF

JIMBO,

Here are a few Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Antenna Books to
Read, Learn from and Gain Understanding of Antennas:

"Build Your Own Shortwave Antennas"
- - - by Andrew Yoder

"Easy-Up Antennas for Radio Listeners and Hams"
- - - by Edward M. Knoll

"Joe Carr's Receiving Antenna Handbook"
- - - by Joe Carr

"Practical Antenna Handbook"
- - - by Joe Carr

"The Shortwave Listener's Antenna Handbook"
- - - by Robert J. Traister

"Simple, Low-Cost Wire Antennas"
- - - by William Orr

"Wire Antennas"
- - - by Orr and Cowan

"25 Simple Indoor and Window Aerials" by E.M. Noll
"Easy Up Antennas for Radio Listeners and Hams" by Ed Noll

PLUS: Any "Antenna" Book published by the
= = = American Radio Relay League (ARRL)

Now there is a YAHOO! eGroup "SWL Antennas and AM & FM Antennas" that
focuses on the SWL Antenna.

= = = About 300 Members and over 375 Messages Archived.

iane ~ RHF
..
..
= = = (Jimbo)