Old December 15th 03, 06:03 AM
Brian

Mike Coslo wrote in message t...

Won't happen, Dan. People like that have selective memory. They'll rail
about how QST doesn't have articles about what they want to see, and
conveniently forget about the important jobs ARRL does for us.

1. That only a minority of hams belong to ARRL speaks much more about
hams than it does the ARRL.

Are you saying that I'm a sucker?

2. I would challenge the ARRL haters to come up with scenario's of what
the ARS would be like today (if it even existed) if there was no ARRL.

- Mike KB3EIA -

World peace?
Old December 15th 03, 06:10 AM
Brian

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message igy.com...
"Brian" wrote in message
om...

Dee got on early supporting the status quo; hook,line and sinker. She
is a perfect mouth-piece for the ARRL, and I've heard her repeating,
word for word, the policies of this organization. She is, more or
less, an official ARRL spam-bot. Wonder if she is an official
bulletin station?

Not hardly. I disapprove of some of the policies but I do not expect it to
change when my view doesn't represent the majority view. I do not consider
differences of opinion on some policies to be reason to stop supporting
them. Also I merely state that non-members shouldn't think they can change
the policies. The ARRL policies, as with any organization, will reflect the
opinions of the majority of members. Someone with a minority opinion in any
organization will have to work very hard to get the majority to adopt it.
Organizations have no obligation to reflect the opinion of non-members.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Oh, BS, Dee. You just got through saying that if you don't belong, if
you don't rise to the top of the food chain, blah blah, horse crap,
blah blah.

The ARRL wants to be the -ONE- voice for the ARS. I suggest that they
start with forward thinking leadership representing all, not just
their CW-centric membership. Or get out of the way.
Old December 15th 03, 06:22 AM
Gray Shockley

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 0:03:17 -0600, Brian wrote
(in message ) :

Mike Coslo wrote in message
t...

Won't happen, Dan. People like that have selective memory. They'll rail
about how QST doesn't have articles about what they want to see, and
conveniently forget about the important jobs ARRL does for us.

1. That only a minority of hams belong to ARRL speaks much more about
hams than it does the ARRL.

Are you saying that I'm a sucker?

2. I would challenge the ARRL haters to come up with scenario's of what
the ARS would be like today (if it even existed) if there was no ARRL.

- Mike KB3EIA -

World peace?

Are you also wondering what the ARRL has to do with swling?

Perhaps it is time to add "ARRL" to "syphilis"
and "Hal Turner" in my "social disease" killfool.

Gray Shockley
--------------------------
Entropy Maintenance Technician
Tao Chemical Company
--------------------------

http://www.compcomm.com/
Vicksburg, Mississippi US

Old December 15th 03, 06:28 AM
Brian

"KØHB" wrote in message ink.net...
"Brian" wrote

She is, more or less, an official ARRL spam-bot.
Wonder if she is an official bulletin station?

And you are, more or less, the official LHA junior-Unabasher. I want you to
be fully aware of your role in rrap, Brian. It goes like this: LHA is the
organ grinder, playing a song called "I Left My Heart in ADA, and Newington
Won't Give It Back". You are the little monkey in a bright red hat hopping
up and down and acting silly for our amusement.

With all best wishes for the recovery of your missing T5 logs,

de Hans, K0HB/4ID

Brakejob/4ID, the only problem with your little organ grinder/monkey
scenario is that is didn't play out here.

You smell like you've been ****ed on, so perhaps you've got some other
monkey scenario going on there. In any case, its none of my biddness
what you do in the privacy of your home so please stop trying to
entertain us with it here.

With all kind wished for a speedy recovery, my T5 logs are intact.
You're still not in them, so don't solicit for an unearned card.

Brian
Old December 15th 03, 06:41 AM
Brian

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message igy.com...
"Brian" wrote in message
om...
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

igy.com...

It probably was no longer cost effective to sell it on newstands.

If the ARRL is making money (a no-no for a non-profit corp) then report

them
to the IRS. If they are not making money, then no matter how big they

are,
it is not about money since no one is making a profit.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Un-friggin-believable.

Non-profits aren't about profit. They're about salaries.

If the salaries are too high, get on the board and get them reduced.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Who said they were too high?

They have to balance their books somehow (to avoid the appearance of
profit), and the salary is the most convenient place to dump the
excess.

It's about your ignorance of what a non-profit really is.

Old December 15th 03, 09:00 AM
Dwight Stewart

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote:

You do realize that the ARRL has the
publication and distribution of QST
contracted out, don't you? You should
crab to them, not the league per se.

Of course. I wasn't complaining about not getting the magazine - only
explaining why I purchased the magazine at a book store.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Old December 15th 03, 10:22 AM
Kim W5TIT

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

igy.com...
"Brian" wrote in message
om...
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

[...]

Oh yeah...non-profit is the best place to be...And, the greates exploiter of
human emotion, etc. With little effort, the dollars churn in--most people
don't file for the donation they are entitled to (only large donations whose
contributors are also playing the non-profit game).

That's why I'd like to see the tax structure change to some kind of
percentage across the board. The *only* entity that would not have to pay
any would be a church--and that only for the church building, its parking
lot, and its parish. If they've got a private school, nursing home, etc.,
they pay. And, no deductions for *anyone* or *anything* across the board.
Colgate, Mr. Bates, and me all pay the same percentage of tax out of our
income; that's it--end of game.

Kim W5TIT

Kim W5TIT

Old December 15th 03, 11:27 AM
Dwight Stewart

"Kim W5TIT" wrote:

(snip) The *only* entity that would not
have to pay any would be a church--
and that only for the church building, its
parking lot, and its parish. If they've
got a private school, nursing home, etc.,
they pay. (snip)

Why limit any exclusion to just the church building, parking lot, and
parish? Since churches have been running schools, colleges, homeless
shelters, women and youth shelters, food kitchens, youth camps and sports
activities, hospitals, nursing homes, and so on, for many years (some long
before this country was created and each requiring buildings, land, or
equipment), such a limit would have a serious impact on many traditional
church activities.

The newsgroup "rec.radio.cb" deleted from this message.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Old December 15th 03, 01:12 PM
Brian

Gray Shockley wrote in message s.com...

Are you also wondering what the ARRL has to do with swling?

Perhaps it is time to add "ARRL" to "syphilis"
and "Hal Turner" in my "social disease" killfool.

Gray Shockley

Sorry, I should have known this topic would have been spammed across
multiple newsgroups.

Future replies on .policy only.
Old December 15th 03, 04:27 PM
Dave Bushong

RHF wrote:
WHAT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND IS . . .
= = = The 'same' People Who Want Total Separation of Church and State.
= = = Want to Tax Churches and Any Religious Charitable Activities.

I For One Believe That: There Should be Separation of Organized
Church and Organized State. But that there IS the 'personal' FREEDOM
to be a Religious Person 'within' the State Setting. NO Taxation of
ANY Religious Activities or Properties.

The Simple Fast Is: For about 150 Years before the Personal Income
Tax and the Creation of the IRS by the Government of the USofA. The
were NO Laws establishing Taxation of Religious Properties and
Charitable Giving (Restricting Religious Freedom).

God Bless America ~ RHF

If you don't understand it, then allow me to help. The term "separation
of church and state" does not appear in the US Constitution, nor the
Declaration of Independence. The closest thing to it is in the First
Amendment, which starts with my favorite five words:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof ..."

Only a lawyer could claim not to understand the plain meaning of those
words.

Dave

ARRL Propose New License Class & Code-Free HF Access Lloyd Mitchell Antenna 43 October 26th 04 01:37 AM
ARRL and the local scene KØHB Policy 3 May 17th 04 02:30 AM
ARRL's Incoming QSL Burro Screwing NON ARRL members! NIW Policy 0 March 23rd 04 10:29 PM
ARRL Dilemmas (Representative KC8LDO a problem-operator) Twistedhed CB 0 August 20th 03 03:57 PM
ARRL FUD about BPL Jake Brodsky Shortwave 0 August 19th 03 08:35 PM